The pace of life is getting faster and faster and it is becoming increasingly difficult to prepare healthy meals and eat enough fruit and vegetables throughout the course of the day. Nutritionists recommend that we eat five portions of fruit and vegetables each day and whilst we may start off well, eating an orange or a banana with breakfast, it can be difficult to follow through and reach that five fruit and veg goal.
One of the ways that really helped me to get back on track and to start eating the right foods was to begin by making fresh fruit and veg smoothies and juices. I began to juice or blend a few fruits and vegetables together in the morning before I left the house and then carry the juice with me to work to enjoy on the train on my commute into the city.
Getting those 3 or 4 fruits and vegetables in so early in the day helped me keep on track for the rest of it. I usually prepare a salad at dinner time and with another piece of fruit as a snack at 11 am or 4 pm at that awkward time between lunch and dinner, I found I was able to complete my 5 a day more regularly.
Top 10 Best Single Serving Blender Reviews
iFedio Personal Portable Blender Smoothie USB Rechargeable Quiet Mini Mixer Juicer Cup
Here is my first example of a great one cup blender by iFedio. Check out some of the specifications that make it especially clever:
- This blender is portable and rechargeable via USB and can be charged in the car or using a powerpack.
- It is the perfect mini size to make a powerhouse smoothie to enjoy at work.
- The whole unit is waterproof so it can easily be rinsed, not immersed.
- Although it is small, it is definitely powerful as it has four stainless steel blades that will slice and dice your fruit together in seconds.
ICER Portable Blender for Shakes and Smoothies
This portable blender by ICER is the perfect solution for people on the go.
- It has been made easier to carry as it comes with its own silk carrying bag and a wrist loop on the container.
- It is safe for you and your family to use as it has been made with BPA free plastic, so you don’t have to fear any harmful toxins.
- You can use it again and again as the battery can hold up to 40 uses before it will need recharging, meaning the blending fun is really endless.
Deenkee Professional-Grade Stainless Steel Juicer Blender Electric
Why kill two birds with one stone when you can kill three? That is right, this Deenkee stainless steel blender does three jobs in one as it can be used to make softer liquids like smoothies, and milkshakes, frozen foods like cocktails and ice creams and can also be used to blend nuts, and coffee beans together with ease thanks to the 1000 W high-speed motor. And there’s more:
- It is BPA free so is safe for the whole family to use.
- It comes with a blend and pulse button, the latter making the appliance easier to clean and keep clean.
Ninja Personal Blender for Shakes, Smoothies, Food Prep, and Frozen Blending with 700-Watt Base
This may just be the very best single serve smoothie blender out there. Why? Take a look:
- It has a 700 watt power base which helps it to pulverize your fruit in a matter of seconds. Not only that, the blades are so sharp it will also cut and grind down ice into snow in next to no time.
- It comes with an extra container and two spout lids so that you can make two servings of your favorite smoothie and take them on the go.
- Save on the elbow grease! – as this Ninja blender is dishwasher safe.
La Reveuse Personal Blender 600 watt with 20oz Bottle
Here is another great personal blender by La Reveuse.
- It comes with a 20-ounce bottle, the perfect size for one and the container can be popped in the dishwasher to be cleaned.
- The 1.5mm stainless steel blades can slice their way through ice and the toughest fruit and vegetables and even the very strongest nuts and seeds.
- It is completely BPA free, making it the best and healthiest choice for you and your family to use.
- This blender comes in a one bottle and two bottle option, depending on your needs.
Ninja BL455_30 Nutri Professional Personal Blender Bonus Set with 3-Sip & Ninja Single Serve Blenders
Looking for the very best small blender? Then here is a great one by Ninja. Take a look at everything it can do:
- The 1000 watt motor allows this blender to pulverize the very toughest fruit and vegetables and can also turn ice into snow in a matter of seconds.
- This mini blender comes with 3 cups one 12 oz, one 18 oz and one 24 oz for you to pick the size you need. It comes with 2 handy sip and seal lids, meaning you can make a delicious smoothie for yourself and a friend to take with you on the move.
- The cups and blades are both dishwasher free, meaning you can spend more time enjoying and less time scrubbing.
Travel Portable Blender and Juicer for Personal Smoothies and Shakes, PINSOON Single Server Juicer
Do you like your smoothies fresh? Fancy taking the ingredients with you and using your travel portable PINSOON single server juicer when you get to the office? Now you can as this blender can be charged via USB in the car, via powerpack or normal charger, giving you the freedom to use it just about anywhere. It also comes with these handy features:
- It has a powerful tornado vortex stirring system that will blitz through frozen fruit and other ingredients.
- It is the perfect size for you to grab and shake to bring your smoothie back to life if it has been sitting around for a while or to give it an extra whirl while blending.
Magic Bullet Blender, Small, Silver, 11 Piece Set
Not too sure what to make next with your brand new Magic Bullet blender? Not to worry, as this single blender comes with a helpful guide on delicious 10 second recipes that you can make with a variety of ingredients that will really help you to get the most out of your blender.
- This blender is easy to clean as the cups are top rack dishwasher safe.
- It comes with extra cups, sip and seal lids and blade so that you can make the perfect morning smoothie and invite a friend to enjoy a cup with you.
- The slim design takes up minimal space on your kitchen countertop.
Portable Blender, Cozibot Travel Blender for Smoothies and Shakes
Like your smoothies fresh? Now you can make one anywhere you go with this portable blender by Cozibot. Afraid of it being too noisy to use in the office? Don’t worry, it won’t as this travel blender has been made with upgraded blades that reduce the noise, even when crushing through the ice and other hard ingredients. But that is not all it is capable of, check it out:
- This blender will give you 20 to 25 uses before it needs recharging, perfect for you to use on the go for a good couple weeks before you even need to think about plugging it in.
- The base is detachable, making it easier to clean.
- The 13 oz capacity make it the perfect solution for one person.
Nutri Ninja Blender/Food Processor with Auto-iQ 1200-Watt Base, 72oz Pitcher, 64oz Processor Bowl, 18, 24, and 32oz Cups
Here is a great family blender and food processor by Ninja that also works as a single serving blender.
- It comes with two large blender containers, 3 extra blades, and 3 single serving blenders with 2 sip and seal lids, making it the perfect solution for families.
- Not only is this blender expert at making fantastic smoothies and frozen drinks, but it can also be used to make dough and pureés.
- The pulse feature on this Nutri Ninja blender/ food processor makes it easy to clean as the container can simply be filled with warm water and washing up detergent. Place the lid on and then press the pulse button to clean.
Time is almost non existent in the morning and sitting down at the dining room table to eat breakfast on a weekday is a luxury that I haven’t been able to afford for what seems like forever. So what helped me the most about making smoothies and juices in the morning was the fact that I was able to blend all of the ingredients together and then carry the mix with me to enjoy on the go.
The key to being able to do that was having the best single serving blender. Single serving blenders are really useful as they are very light weight, not usually weighing more than 8 pounds. They are small and compact and help you with measuring out the perfect portion for one person. Most single serve blenders have a capacity of just 13 ounces, so I would simply chop up the fruit and veg that I wanted to mix and pour it inside the blender until it was full, adding water or coconut milk depending on my preference. The blender always made just enough smoothie for me to be full, but not too much to have to throw any away, meaning there was no waste.
The best thing about my single serving blender is that the container was removable and came with a sip and seal lid, so I could easily blend my smoothies together, remove the container from the base, attach the lid, throw it in a bag and run out of the door.
Are you looking to increase your fruit and vegetable intake? We could all do with eating more fruit and veg and choosing to make a smoothie or juice is a great way of getting a higher number of fruits and vegetables into one meal. There are some really tasty varieties too that help to make breakfast exciting.
Perhaps you already own a single serve blender but are looking for the right fruit and vegetable recipe in order to get the most out of your appliance. I have listed below some of my favorite smoothies that are packed full of fruit and vegetable goodness. These smoothies are great for boosting your energy levels and will leave you feeling bright eyed and bushy tailed throughout the whole morning at work. Try your hand at some of the following recipes and really feel the difference:
Fruit and vegetable blend smoothies and juices to help you reach your five a day:
- Creamy tropical twist. This smoothie has all of the tastes of the Caribbean and the rich fruits included in the recipe makes it fantastic for filling that hole. Here is what you will need to make it: Chopped mango, pure passion fruit juice, coconut milk, and pineapple chunks.
- Go green. This juice is packed full of the best fruits and veggies that will help you to increase your iron levels and will also help boost your energy levels. Try this one on a dreary Monday morning. This is what it contains: A handful of kale, baby spinach, pear, and apple juice.
- Beet that! I love this juice as I think it has the perfect balance of both fruit and vegetables. It is sweet and is ideal for both kids and adults on the run. It contains Beetroot, fresh raspberries, fresh blueberries, and a frozen banana.
- Zingy, tangy, orange fest. If you are looking to boost your vitamin C then this is the juice for you. Try juicing the following fruits to make this: A generous squeeze of grapefruit, or juice of a whole lemon or lime; juice of a few blood oranges and a super sweet mango to balance out some of the acidity.
- Berry Blast. This is a great smoothie if you are looking for something filling and energy boosting. The antioxidants in all of the berries also do wonders for your body. Blend together all of these to make it: A handful of blackberries, raspberries and strawberries, chia seeds and top it off with a lashing of coconut or almond milk.
Maybe you have been reading through the above-mentioned recipes and their benefits and are feeling inspired to make your very own fruit and vegetable smoothie or juice for the mornings as part of a healthy breakfast or as a snack for later in the day.
Lacking the right equipment to do so? Not a problem, as this article has been designed with you in mind, the juicer and smoothie lover as I will go on to list some of the very best single serve blenders and personal blenders on the market today, helping you to purchase with confidence. I will also go on to mention all of the benefits of having a personal blender. So please, read on.
Why Choose a Personal Blender?
So you may be wondering, what is the difference between a personal blender and a regular blender? A normal blender is as the name implies, standard in size and is perfect for large families. Some normal sized blenders also come with added features, such as the ability to make ice cream, hummus, soups, and other meals. A personal blender is a much smaller single serve unit that allows you to blend and consume your smoothie in the same container.
So why choose a personal blender? If you have a small family, or perhaps are the only one amongst many of you that enjoy a smoothie in the morning, then a personal blender will be perfect for you.
What other benefits does a single serve blender have? I will go on to discuss the answer to that question below and also show you some of the best personal blenders on the market today.
Single Serve Blender Benefits
So you may be thinking. Why would I choose a single serve blender, the bigger the better, right? Not necessarily. Here’s why:
- Space saving. Single cup blenders take up a lot less room in the kitchen than regular blenders and are not so bulky. By purchasing a single serve blender you will have more room on your kitchen work surface or in your kitchen cupboards.
- Price. Since regular blenders are regular sized, it means that they are usually a lot pricier than a single serve blender. Sometimes these blenders come with extra features and pre-programmed settings such as ice cream, soups, and other foods. But if you simply need your blender just to make straight forward smoothies, then a single cup blender will more than suffice.
- More cleaning. Logically, the larger the appliance the more you have to clean, but it’s not only that. Single serve blenders allow you to consume and blend using the very same container, whereas a larger blender will require you to empty the contents into another container and you will have to clean them both.
- Take it on the go. Single serve blenders allow you to blend your ingredients, remove the container and place a sip and seal lid on it for you to take your smoothie with you wherever you need to go. On the other hand, a larger blender will require you to pour the smoothie into your own leak-proof container.
You may be wondering, does purchasing a single serve blender mean that I will never be able to blend larger quantities of ingredients for the whole family? The answer is, not necessarily. Some of the higher range single cup blenders come with a few cup options so that you can simply choose the side that is required for the party that you are feeding. Simply attach the cup you need to the base and you will be good to go.
iFedio Personal Portable Blender Smoothie USB Rechargeable Quiet Mini Mixer Juicer Cup.
ICER Portable Blender for Shakes and Smoothies.
Deenkee Professional-Grade Stainless Steel Juicer Blender Electric.
Ninja Personal Blender for Shakes, Smoothies, Food Prep, and Frozen Blending with 700-Watt Base.
La Reveuse Personal Blender 600 watt with 20oz Bottle.
Ninja BL455_30 Nutri Professional Personal Blender Bonus Set with 3-Sip & Ninja Single Serve Blenders.
Travel Portable Blender and Juicer for Personal Smoothies and Shakes, PINSOON Single Server Juicer.
Magic Bullet Blender, Small, Silver, 11 Piece Set.
Portable Blender, Cozibot Travel Blender for Smoothies and Shakes.
Nutri Ninja Blender/Food Processor with Auto-iQ 1200-Watt Base, 72oz Pitcher, 64oz Processor Bowl, 18, 24, and 32oz Cups.
It depends upon the blender and whether it can blend all types of fruits or frozen items.
The majority of household models fall within 500 to 750 watts, though options range from 300 to as high as 1,500 watts.
There are so many single-serve blenders on the market that one can really find himself lost in all of the jargon and swamped by all the information. My recommendation to you would be to make a list of the specifications that you have seen mentioned above that seem indispensable to you. That will help you to break down the list of eligible models and choose the one that will really be perfect for you.