Are you looking for the best ceramic knife set that will be perfect for your everyday kitchen use? We have created this entire article to include everything that you need to know about ceramic knives and how they are the best material of knives that you can have for your kitchen.
Below we have even listed the best ceramic knives that you can pick for your kitchen as we know how hard it can be to choose one particular knife amongst hundreds of others in the market.
We have listed all the basic information that you need to know before purchasing a ceramic knife for your kitchen. So without further ado, let’s head straight right into the details.
The Best 10 Ceramic Knife Set Reviews For 2020 Are:
- Cuisinart C59CE-C6P
- Golden Chef Collection
- Kyocera Bamboo Knife Block Set
- Gayle’s Kitchen Ceramic Knife Set
- Vos Ceramic Knife Set
- Kyocera FK-2PC WH3
Cuisinart C55-01-12PCKS Advantage Color Ceramic Knife Set
The Cuisinart ceramic knife set contains 6 spectacular pieces of knives with multicolored handles that give the set a unique outlook and makes it a perfect accessory for your kitchen top as well. This set includes 6 knife covers, making it a 12pc set.
Cuisine art has several different sets available with a various number of knives, but if you are looking forward to building your own knife collection and a starter knife set for the kitchen then this 6 piece set is the ideal choice for you.
- A ceramic blade offers you with a better quality blade that is strong and not breakable easily. Ceramic blades are very resilient plus super sharp and tend to hold onto that sharp edge for a longer period of time than a knife of any other material.
- The vivid handles of these knives are made ergonomically which enhances the grip and level of comfort while working. These multipurpose knives are eligible to chop, dice, slice and mince and hence are the perfect tools to have in your kitchen counter.
Shenzhen Knife Set
Shenzhen knives as come up with this amazing three-piece knife set that contains a 6.5-inch chef’s knife, a 4-inch paring knife, and a general slicing or utility knife.
These three knives are the most basic and staple knives that a kitchen must have in order for you to be able to prepare the food for cooking efficiently.
- These ceramic knives are light in weight and will not catch on rust easily. In addition to that, these blades are resistant to any kind of acid, oils, and germs which makes them more resilient and durable.
- Ceramic knives have the best quality of retaining its sharpness for a longer period of time which is not the case in other knives.
- These blades have been specially crafted in order to provide you with precision slicing and dicing without damaging the food. Whether it is hard cheese or frozen fruits, you can cut, chop and dice it all effortlessly.
- But be careful and do not try to carve or strike the food with these knives as that might affect the quality of the blade.
LUCENTEE Chef Ceramic Knife Set
The best part about a ceramic knife set is that most of them come in very vibrant and vivid colors that look spectacular on the kitchen counter.
These Lucentee chef ceramic knives help you in the cooking process but it also enhances the outlook of your kitchen
- This Lucentee Chef knife Collection set does just that, it almost acts as a decoration for your kitchen top as it comes with 6 knives each with a unique, vibrant shade.
- These are non stick technology blades and the food will not stick to it while you are slicing as we all know how annoying that might get at a point while preparing for larger meals.
- These knives are super easy to maintain and clean. Not just that, these are super sharp and resilient plus they will never get caught on rust or corrode.
- The durability of these knives will simply awe you and all of this comes at a very affordable price. If you are looking to build a kitchen knife set for your kitchen then you must give this set a consideration.
Kyocera Bamboo Knife Set
If you are looking for a premium quality ceramic knife set with block which is more on the high-end range then we have got just the right suggestion for you.
This set by Kyocera contains 4 ceramic knives with a 4 slot bamboo block to hold the knives in.
- Kyocera offers their 4 bestseller knives via this set to you that is you are actually getting the best for the creation of this brand in one single set.
- If we talk about quality, then these knives are made of the finest and advanced ceramic to provide you with a strong and durable plus super sharp knife.
- The entire design of the set has been made so that it can easily fit in your kitchen top without taking over a lot of space and the block keeps the knife protected.
Gayle’s Kitchen Ceramic Knife Set
This is a 5 piece ceramic kitchen knife set by Gayle’s kitchen which includes four spectacular knives along with a vegetable peeler.
The best thing about these Gayle’s kitchen ceramic knives is that you can get them in several different colors to match the outlook of your kitchen. The 4 knives come in a beautiful box and are also accompanied by a peeler
- The knives in this set are made with ceramic blades which are super strong and lightweight at the same time.
- These blades are perfectly balanced with the handles so you will have no difficulty while slicing and chopping food with these.
- Whether it is vegetables or meats, these knives can cut them all easily with their razor-sharp blades which will retain its sharpness for years without getting re-sharpened.
- The knives have been crafted by molding the handles directly into the blade via injection instead of sticking them together with glue. This process will prevent the knife from breaking apart so you can use them for years without thinking of breaking it.
- Moreover, using ceramic knives like this is safer as they don’t react with is, or acids and will not affect the taste of the dish in anyways.
- If you want to own a knife that will never rust or corrode and will hold onto its sharpness then this is a good one to invest in.
Vos Ceramic Knife Set
Are you an enthusiastic cook who is planning on getting a food knife set for the kitchen? Then we have got the perfect set of knives for you that have all the items you will need to function in the kitchen and prepare food.
- This one is a 7 piece ceramic knife set which contains a chef’s knife, a paring knife plus utility knives for all the cutting and chopping in the kitchen and all of these knives comes with matching sheaths that you can use to store the knives in after use.
- These ceramic knives are sharp like a sword and cuts through fruits, vegetables, and meat effortlessly. Not just that, these knives will hold onto this sharpness for years and you will not have to take them for re-sharpening every now and then.
- Vos has crafted these knives with a better grip so that they remain perfectly balanced while you are working. Moreover, as ceramic is completely rustproof, cleaning and caring these knives is much easier and simpler than other knives.
- If you want to add a pop of color to your kitchen counter then this is ideal for you both look and quality wise.
Chopmate Ceramic Knife Set
This one is a very unique knife set that anyone will love to have for the kitchen. From performance to looks, these are knives that have it all.
If you are looking for the most unique set of knife for your kitchen then this Chopmate set is just the answer for you. Each of these knives are a piece of art on its own and perfect for everyday use around the kitchen
- These knives have been made with a stainless steel blade that has been completely coated with a ceramic coating which is completely rust and corrosion proof.
- The ceramic coating makes the knives immune to breakage and makes it extremely resistant.
- Not only are these knives super sharp and strong but they are very attractive and colorful as well. The set includes seven very uniquely designed knives which even includes a cheese and pizza cutter.
- If you are a new home cook then this one is a great set for you as it contains almost all the knives that you need in the kitchen.
- The color coding in the knives helps you while preparing food and created less confusion as well so you know which knife to pick for what when you need it.
- Overall, it is a great set that comes at a great price as well. You get premium quality plus good looking knives at a very affordable rate.
Kyocera FK-2PC WH3 Ceramic Knife Set
This one is a premium quality knife set by Kyocera who is renowned for their excellent kitchen cutlery collections.
The set contains a 5.5-inch Santoku knife which is excellent for all kind of chopping, slicing, dicing and mincing as well. The other one is a 3.3-inch paring knife which is great for peeling, trimming and creating garnishes for the dishes.
- This set is a bit more on the higher end of the market and comes with 2 spectacular ceramic knives for your kitchen and has been specially designed for the new home cooks.
- These are great multi-purpose knives that can be used for daily works around the kitchen. As these knives are ceramic made, it is very easy to care for as they will neither rust nor lose their sharpness easily.
- Talking about the blades, they have been specially made from Kyocera’s special proprietary zirconia which is mainly manufactured in Japan and hence is the best one that you can find in the market.
- These are super sharp and will hold these sharp edges almost 10 times longer than any other steel blades.
- Although these retail for a higher price it is a great investment for your kitchen considering that these will not break or ruin easily for a long period of time.
Quellance Ceramic Knife Set
This one is a ceramic knife by the brand Quellance and is an all in one set that you can use for any kind of slicing, dicing, chopping and peeling during food preparations.
This knife all that you will need in the kitchen as it can do it all. The knife has been crafted in a manner so that you can ideally complete all your chopping and cutting task in the kitchen with one single pair of knife and don’t have to reach out for a different knife every time.
- This knife is made with refines zirconium oxide and hence the blade is rustproof, and antibacterial plus will provide you with the highest level of hygiene.
- These knifes are antioxidant and won’t react with the acidic foods.
- From the sharpness and quality perspective, it is one of the very best ones you will find plus it is very lightweight and comfortable to work with for longer.
HOMSPORT Ceramic Knife Set
Rather than simply being coated in ceramic as most knife sets are, this 5 piece pure ceramic knife set is made of 100% ceramic, meaning the knives are sharper, more durable, scratch-proof and best of all rust free!
This 5 piece pure ceramic knife set comes in a beautiful and classy stand that will elevate the look of your kitchen counter. The set contains 4 knives and a vegetable peeler
- The ceramic build also makes the knives more light-weight meaning they can be used for longer, reducing the possibility of wrist fatigue for those who are in the kitchen for longer periods.
- It comes as a complete set as it includes a high-quality peeler and knife holder that will help you keep the knives organized and will arrive beautifully presented in a top of the range gift box, making it the perfect present for the avid cook.
- Use the knife block to display the knives neatly on your countertop. The blades are 10x stronger than stainless steel, which enables them to slice through tough meats with ease.
Ceramic Knives Vs Steel Knives
In the battle of a ceramic knife vs a stainless steel knife, the winner has always been the ceramic knife. This is because of the durability and strength plus the ability to hold onto the sharp edges for longer that ceramic knives have.
Steel knives are great as well and are very sharp, resilient and durable. But it has to maintain and be cared for in specific ways in order to maintain the sharpness and quality of the blade for longer.
When it comes to ceramic knives, they are not only great for regular use but also have very appealing looks and are very colorful as well which will add on a pop of color to your kitchen. Moreover, ceramic knives will never react with acidic foods or oil.
Overall, when you are torn between the battle of ceramic knife vs steel, it is safe to always go ahead with the ceramic knives as they will last you years without having to get them re-sharpened every now and then.
Do Ceramic Knives Stay Sharp?
When talking about sharpness, ceramic knives are some of the best that you can find. But in order to retain the sharpness for longer, you will have to choose the best ceramic knife set.
This is mainly because a good quality ceramic knife will never lose its sharpness unlike the other steel and cheaper ceramic knives.
If you get yourself a good quality ceramic knife then you will not have to take to get re-sharpened for a very long time and you can use it regularly in the kitchen without the worry of wearing it down.
How to Sharpen a Ceramic Knife
Although ceramic knives don’t tend to lose their sharpness easily, it is in fact very tricky to get re-sharpened if it gets dull or loses the sharp edge.
Ceramic is a very brittle material and although they are great for kitchen use, they can easily wear out and break off you are trying to sharpen them like any other steel knife.
So basically, you cannot exert excess pressure on the ceramic blades. you can use a diamond whetstone to sharpen ceramic knives.
What you will have to do is, hold the knife at an angle and gently drag it over the stone and make sure that you only put the most minimum of force in the blade so that there is zero flex.
While sharpening the blade make sure that you only drag it in one direction downwards. This will ensure that the blade remains in good shape and don’t break.
It depends on your personal preferences. There are some things stainless steel knives can do that ceramic knives cannot. However, they tend to hold their edge longer.
Yes, they stay sharper for longer than stainless steel knives however, they are more brittle and will chip easier.
Our #1 choice is the Cuisinart C59CE-C6P set, however, you should read all the reviews to make sure you find one that fits your needs.
If you are a new home cook then these ceramic knives are a great option to choose for your kitchen as they are very easy to take care of and are very durable.
Ceramic knives are great for long time use as they don’t easily get ruined hence you will not have any extra fuss in handling these knives ever.