The morning breakfast routine used to take me what seemed like forever to get through. If your family is anything like mine, it is really difficult to get them to agree on a matter, much less when the subject on topic for agreement has anything to do with food.
There was a point when I was setting my alarm to wake up at 5 am, just so that I could get everyone’s breakfasts on the dining room table in time for them to have a quick sniff at what I had prepared and then gallop out of the front door.
As I previously stated, my kids seldom agree on anything and I have a funny feeling that they like it that way. And should they, as if by some miracle agree on what to eat, the eldest will usually shout to the youngest, “well that’s copying!” and all hell breaks loose again.
During my 5 am wake ups, there was a time when I was preparing porridge for my partner, lovingly chopping up strawberries and topping the porridge with blueberries to make it a little more exciting; frying eggs and bacon for my eldest, as he would just make such a mess if left to his own devices (I know we make a rod for our own backs by doing everything for our kids but sometimes you just have to accept defeat) and whisking together pancake mix for my youngest and squirting them with a little sauce that would almost inevitably end up smeared across the table and halfway to the living room.
And what was left for me, you may ask? I would grab a breakfast bar and make some instant coffee if lucky and finish it on my way out the door.
I went along with this crazy routine for quite a while (I was actually quite impressed with myself), until one dark day when the porridge got stuck to the pan, the bacon got burnt to smithereens and the pancakes were lumpy and I decided to put an end to the madness, I was going to restructure our families breakfasts and I would take hold of my life again. The solution? Toast.
Why was toast the perfect solution? For two simple reasons – it is quick and it can be varied. One of my main problems in the mornings is time, I simply did not want to continue waking up at 5 to prepare breakfast, but also wanted my family to have something filling to eat before starting their day. Unlike porridge, eggs, bacon and pancakes, toast can be prepared in a matter of minutes. Simply buy the bread, place it in the toaster and then wait for it to pop. Bob’s your uncle.
The other convincing factor was that toast can be so versatile. My family all have very different tastes, but toast breakfasts allow for such variation. I was able to set my alarm clock to a more humane 6 am and still have enough time to lay out a few tasty spreads for my family to enjoy on top of their toast. The best part is that my family love it, and it is something that they can cook independently. I still help the little one of course, but everyone else in the house is becoming, dare I say it, self-sufficient and I must say, it is refreshing.
If you are also fighting the battle with your family at breakfast time, then trust me, it is time to invest in a great toaster and make the swap to toast breakfasts. This article has been prepared for you, the busy parent in mind as I will go on to discuss the very best features to have in a toaster, to assist you in choosing a model that will really help you out. I will then go on to review 10 of the best commercial toasters on the market right now so that you can get an idea on what style suits you.
Top 10 Commercial Toaster Reviews
Is your old toaster starting to look a little worse for wear and you are after a replacement? Or perhaps you are moving into a new apartment and are looking for a brand new toaster that will last. Whatever the case, have a look at the following list of 10 of the best commercial toasters out there. Make a note of the specifications listed above that you definitely can’t be without and then compare with the following makes and models to find the toaster that best suits you and your families needs.
Dualit 4 Slice Toaster, Polished Chrome
Here is a great family sized toaster. It has room for four slices, so that you get breakfast ready at top speed. Have a look at some of the other features this 4 slice toaster by Dualit brings to the table:
- The polished chrome finish looks really stylish and is easy to clean and to keep clean as it buffs up nicely.
- The toaster is available in both 2 slice and 4 slice capacities so that you can choose the model that will be best for the size of your family.
- It also comes in just about every color imaginable, giving you the freedom to pick the color that will best match your kitchen decor scheme.
Wolf Gourmet 4 Slice Toaster (WGTR124S) (Stainless Steel)
Are you a fan of homemade bread? Everyone knows that homemade tastes better, but it can often be a bit of a pain to toast when you can’t quite fit it all in the toaster. That is why this 4 slice toaster by Wolf Gourmet has come to save the day, as it has been designed with extra wide slots which will toast your artisanal bread to perfection.
This toaster is really quite clever as it centers the bread you place inside it, making sure that it evenly distributes the heat every time you use it no matter the shape of your bread.
Toaster 4 Slice, CUSIBOX Stainless Steel Toaster with BAGEL/DEFROST/CANCEL Function, Extra Wide Slots
Not only does this 4 slice toaster by CUSIBOX look the part with its buffed stainless steel exterior, but it has some great features that make it a pleasure to use:
- This toaster has 6 browning settings, so that you can decide exactly how brown you would like your bread and get it that way every morning without any faff or endless hovering over the toaster.
- It helps to make for an easy cleanup as it has a removable crumb tray, which can be emptied into the trash and then reinserted. What could be simpler?
Hamilton Beach 24850 Hamilton Beach 4 Slice Extra-Wide Slot Commercial Toaster
Do you love a chunky slice of homemade bread in the morning, smothered in lashings of butter and strawberry jam? Then this 4 slice toaster by Hamilton Beach will be the perfect match for you and your kitchen. This toaster comes with 1.5 inch wide toast slots which are the perfect size for any artisanal bread, waffles, bagels or even English muffins.
What’s more, this Hamilton Beach toaster has been designed to stay cleaner for longer as the chrome brushed exterior doesn’t show up fingerprints easily and is more dust resistant, giving it that crystal clear sheen for longer.
Medium-Duty 4-Slot Toaster 120V Waring Commercial Toaster WCT708
Take control of your breakfast with this medium-duty 4 slot toaster. No two people like their toast exactly the same way and that is why this toaster has been designed with two browning dials for you to adjust how golden your toast is. This means that your partner can keep it their way on one side of the toaster and you can keep it your way on the other.
This toaster will also help you to keep everything squeaky clean around the kitchen as it comes with a removable crumb tray. Crumbs will accumulate in this tray so it is recommended that you remove it and empty it at least once a week, depending on how often you use the toaster.
Cuisinart CPT-340 Compact Stainless 4-Slice Toaster
Are you trying to save a little space on your kitchen work surface? Then this stainless steel 4 slice toaster by Cuisinart will help you out. It is compact in size so it can easily be tucked into a small corner of the kitchen and brought out when necessary. This model even has a cord wrap so that you can keep it tucked under the base of the toaster, out of sight and out of mind.
There will be no fights over who uses the toaster first as with this model two people with two different bread types and two different bread shading preferences can use the toaster at once. Now that’s intelligence that can’t be argued with.
Waring Commercial WCT805 Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Standard Toaster with 4 Slots
Looking for the very best commercial toaster? Then this is it. This is a fantastic heavy duty toaster by Waring that is great for use in the home or in a restaurant. This toaster can toast 380 slices of bread in an hour and is the perfect solution for those who are looking for a new toaster for a busy restaurant kitchen.
But that isn’t all it can do:
- It uniformly toasts bread as it has 1-⅛ inch slots, wide enough for waffles, bagels and other artisanal bread.
- It has a 240 volt AC, 50/60 hertz, 2700 watt and 12 ampere power, making it the perfect tool for fast paced kitchen environments.
KitchenAid Kmt4115cu 4-Slice Toaster with Manual High-Lift Lever
One of my favorite things about this 4 slice toaster by KitchenAid is that it comes in so many great colors. You can choose from onyx black, brushed stainless steel, contour silver or empire red and get the color that will best match the interior and decor of your kitchen. Here are some more features that I think you will find useful:
- It comes with under base cord storage so that you can tuck everything neatly away when you have finished using it.
- The toaster has a manual high-lift lever that will help you to eject even the smallest slices of bread from the toaster without putting yourself in danger.
Dualit 46555 4-Slice Design Series Toaster, Black and Steel
Now here is a really solid toaster. This 4 slice black and steel toaster by Dualit also comes in a 2 slice model, so that you can choose which one will suit your family best, depending on the size of your family and how many toast lovers you have among you.
This is quite a clever model as it comes with a “Peek and Pop” function, so that you can check up on the status of your bread without interrupting the toasting cycle. If it isn’t quite done yet, just press the lever back down and it will continue its programme.
Toaster 2 Slice 1800W, Willsence Stainless Steel Bagel Toaster with Extra Wide Slots
Not found a toaster that really catches your eye so far? Not to worry as I think I have saved the very best toaster till last.
Having one eye on the clock in the morning is really essential, especially when you have to think about making sure the kids are fed and ready before they leave the door and this toaster will prove to be a great assistant. This 4 slice stainless steel bagel toaster by Willsence comes with a black LCD screen that indicates the remaining cooking time in a countdown display. So there’s no more hanging around and waiting.
Not only that, but this Willsence toaster will also display the selected programme and the selected shade setting on the LCD display so that you can know exactly what is going on at all times.
It also comes with a generous number of 9 browning settings so that you can get your toast just how you like it.
Our Favorite Toaster Features to Have
There are so many different toasters on the market and different toasters come with various features. In order to get your bread just the way you like it, make sure you pick a toaster with some of the essential features listed below.
Here are 5 of the most handy features out there:
- Bagel setting. If you are a lover of a good old fashioned New York style bagel, then your toaster must have a bagel setting. What does a bagel setting do? It will toast your bagel on the cut side only, giving you that perfect gold crunch on one side without having to use the oven grill. Not only does a bagel setting toast the perfect bagel, but it is also the perfect solution to toast a crumpet and will also give your English muffin that perfect crust one side.
- Browning options. Everyone likes their bread toasted a little different, some like it so that it has just a little color, others like it more on the what I would call burnt side. I think I’m somewhere in the middle of the two extremes. That is why a really handy feature to have on a toaster would be some browning options so that you can be in control of exactly how dark or light your toast turns out. The nice thing about a browning dial is that you can set it on one number so that all you have to do is pop your toast in the toaster in the mornings and it will come out exactly as you like it, without having to hover over it wondering when the toast will be done.
- Cool touch exterior. Now here is a great feature for families. Gone are the days of burning your hand on the side of a hot toaster! If you purchase a toaster with a cool touch exterior, it will remain cool while in operation, making these models a safer option for families with small children or households with more limited countertop space.
- Removable crumb tray. Lifting the toaster up, turning it upside down and shaking it violently will be a thing of the past with a removable crumb tray. It can simply be taken out, emptied into the trash, wiped with a dry cloth and then reinserted. Easy peasy. Some removable crumb trays on certain models are dishwasher safe so that you don’t even have to worry about wiping them. Nice.
- Countdown timer. Now here is a really nifty feature, not available on many toasters, so it is a real gem should you find one. A countdown timer helps you to know exactly how much time will need to elapse before your toast is ready. Another way to keep you on track of time in the mornings.
So there you have them, 10 of the very best commercial toasters on the market right now. Narrow down your search by making a list of the specifications that you love and the size of the toaster that you require. Then have another glance over the reviews that will help you find that perfect toaster.