Sometimes it can be exceptionally difficult to get the whole family to agree on what to eat. But there are some foods that really unite families, ones that no one disagrees on and one of those would definitely be a fresh stack of piping hot homemade waffles.
Waffles just have that certain je ne sais quoi that sets them apart from other breakfast recipes. I think it must be the combination of the golden crispy outside and the warm and fluffy sweetness on the inside that really puts them into the league of premium breakfast snacks.
But without a doubt, the best thing about waffles, what really makes them sing are the toppings. You can put just about anything on top of a waffle, meaning there’s something out there for every member of the family.
What’s more, waffle toppings don’t have to be restricted to the famous chocolate sauce, maple syrup or butter toppings, (although they are very tasty), you can also get really creative and try out something new for the family. Some of my new sweeter favorites are:
- Sliced bananas with hot fudge sauce and chocolate chips
- Marshmallow fluff, crushed graham crackers and chocolate sauce
- Diced strawberries with Nutella
But not every waffle has to be sweet of course! Other great ways to enjoy a waffle are:
- A few spoons of Greek yoghurt, honey and blueberries
- Apple sauce, ground cinnamon and crushed walnuts
- Sliced kiwi, pineapple and shredded coconut
There are so many things you can do with a waffle to really shake things up at the breakfast table.
But maybe you have got the perfect waffle recipe in mind, but it is the waffle iron that is letting you down. A waffle iron that sticks and burns your waffles is really just no good. So if you are looking to replace or maybe upgrade your waffle maker, this article will really help you out as I will let you in on the best secrets to help you keep your new or current waffle iron in good shape and I will also let you know about the best of the latest models out there so that you can make a mean batch of waffles for the family this weekend.
One of the most handy waffle makers out there has to be a waffle maker that has removable plates. Why? Instead of having to go through the oh so tedious cleaning process of squeezing a sponge through every ridge and grate, soaking, rinsing and scrubbing; waffle makers that have removable plates are so easy to clean as you simply detach the plates from the base and pop them in the dishwasher to be cleaned. Job done!
Top 8 Reviewed waffle Iron With Removable Plates
There are so many different types of waffle irons on the market that it can be tricky to know which one would be the best for you and your family. So have a look at the following guide which will display some of the best features of the most popular waffle irons with removable plates and help you to make the best decision.
Yedi Total Package 6-in-1 Grill, Waffle Maker, Griddle, Panini Press with Deluxe Accessory
So you are looking for the best waffle iron with removable plates and you may have just stumbled across it. Why? This waffle iron comes with 6 fantastic features that will really get things cooking.
- Kill 6 birds with 1 stone. Yes, that’s right, not only does this fine kitchen appliance work as a waffle maker, but it is also a contact grill, panini press, full grill, full griddle, half grill/half griddle. There’s nothing you won’t be able to do with this grill behind you.
- Cheat sheets. Another great feature about this grill is that is comes with some handy help sheets that will give you some tips on how to grill the tastiest snacks and how to get the most out of your grill.
- All of the equipment. This waffle maker grill also comes with helpful tongs and a cleaning brush to assist you with removing waffles and cleaning the grills.
Secura Upgrade Automatic 360 Rotating Belgian Waffle Maker
Love Belgian waffles? Love quick and easy clean-ups? Now the two have combined, making the best Belgian waffle maker with removable plates.
- Rotisserie waffles. This waffle maker rotates 360 degrees, helping the batter to spread evenly and optimising equal cooking across the surface of the waffles every time.
- Ready, set, lift off. This Segura Upgrade Automatic also comes with “Power on” and “Ready to cook” light indicators so that you will know exactly when your waffler is hot and ready for you to add the batter.
- Deep pockets. This waffle iron has deep ridges, helping you to make the thickest Belgium waffles with the fluffiest insides. Perfect for you to stack high with delicious toppings and sauces.
Cuisinart WAF-300 Belgian Waffle Maker with Pancake Plates
Here is another great waffle iron with removable plates that will help you to create the kind of waffles that you desire.
- Warm, hot, piping. There are 6 handy temperature settings on this waffle iron that will help you to make crispy golden brown waffles, or lightly toasted fluffy waffles. Whatever you desire.
- Recipe library. Never get stuck for waffle ideas again! This waffle maker comes with a waffle recipe book, giving you plenty of ideas to keep the kids happy. Not only that but the recipe book comes with some useful pointers that will help you to get the best use out of your waffle iron.
- Beep! This waffle maker also comes with a audible beep that will let you know when the waffles are done cooking, that’s right, your waffles will never burn on you, ever again!
BLACK+DECKER 3-in-1 Waffle Maker with Nonstick Reversible Plates
Here’s a great multi-function non-stick waffle maker. With a fine appliance like this by your side, you won’t need anything else in your kitchen cupboards.
- Stick it in reverse. This waffle iron comes with non-stick reversible cooking plates that will help you easily switch from toasting a bacon sandwich, frying a couple eggs and making a batch of steaming hot waffles in a matter of seconds.
- Roomy. This waffle iron has a generous 8×8 inch cooking space, meaning that you can cook up to four waffles at a time, that will help you to get breakfast on the table at record speed.
Hamilton Beach Flip Belgian Waffle Maker with Removable Plates
There is a lot of competition out there for the best waffle iron with removable plates and this Hamilton Beach Flip waffle maker is definitely a strong candidate. Check it out.
- Flip it. You can now make those restaurant style waffles at home with this waffle maker. It comes with a handy flip feature which helps to create crispy waffles with soft and spongy centers.
- Customize them. You can now make sure that your waffles come out just the way you want them. The dial on the waffle maker can be turned to increase or decrease browning on the batter, helping you to make the crispiest golden shell with a fluffy center or a lightly toasted outside with a sweet and sturdy inside. Have them just the way you like them.
KRUPS Belgian Waffle Maker, Waffle Maker with Removable Plates
Looking for a waffle maker that will do all of the hard work for you? Let’s face it, it can be a little tedious having to stand over a waffle maker waiting for each and every one of them to cook, especially if you are wanting to make a large stack of them. Well, that is why this KRUPS Belgian Waffle Maker has a fantastic feature that facilitates all of that.
- On, ready, done. This waffle maker comes with red and green indicator lights that will let you know when it is plugged in, heated up and ready for the batter and when the waffles are ready to be removed. Got your back to the waffler doing other things? Don’t worry, your waffles won’t burn on you as when they have finished cooking the waffler sounds an audible beep that will advise you that the waffles are ready to be removed. You will never burn your waffles again!
- Wrap it up. This waffle maker also comes with a cord wrap and handle lock that will help you to keep the appliance stored away neatly in the cupboard, ready for the next time you come to use it.
Aicok Sandwich Maker, Waffle maker, Sandwich toaster, 750-Watts, 3-in-1 Detachable Non-stick Coating
Looking to do more than just cook waffles with your waffle maker? Then this model has definitely got your back!
- 3 in 1. Not only will this appliance by Aicock cook up some scrumptious waffles, but it will also toast the perfect panini and grill you a mean steak for the family this weekend. Simply swap the detachable plate to the function that you require.
- Space saver. This sandwich maker can be stored upright, meaning it can squeeze into any nook and cranny in your kitchen cupboards, taking up minimal space.
Dash Mini Maker: The Mini Waffle Maker Machine for Individual Waffles, Paninis, Hash browns, & other on the go Breakfast
They say that the best things come in small packages, and that is definitely true when it comes to this Dash Mini Maker.
- Ultralight weight. This waffle maker weighs just over 1 pound so is really useful if you want to pack it up and take it with you. It is also perfect for smaller kitchens or for those who are looking to just make a couple of waffles for a few friends or a small family.
- Above and beyond. This waffle maker does more than just bake waffles, it can also make paninis, hash browns, and even biscuit pizzas! That’s breakfast, lunch and dinner sorted!
Top Tips for Waffle Iron Care
Are you finding it tricky to keep your old waffle iron clean? Or maybe you have just purchased a new waffle maker and are keen to keep it in pristine condition. Here are some of the tips and tricks you should know so that your waffle maker stays in like-new condition for longer.
- Use the right tools. I know it is tempting to use a knife or fork to take your waffles out of the waffle iron, but doing so will eventually scratch the non-stick coating off of the irons. Use rubber or wooden kitchen utensils instead.
- Clean with care. Make sure you use a non-abrasive sponge or kitchen cloth to clean the surfaces of your waffle iron. Or if your waffle iron has removable plates, simply pop them in the dishwasher.
- Full steam ahead. If you find it tricky to clean your waffle iron, resist the urge to scrub it. Instead, spray some water onto the irons that are stuck with residue and then plug the waffle iron back in and the steam will help to lift off some of the ground-in batter.
Following these tips will help you to keep your waffle maker in fresh-out-of-the-box condition.
So before you click “purchase” on that waffle maker you have had favorited for a little while, make sure it has the following features that will really make baking waffles a breeze.
- Multipurpose. Waffle makers that have more than one feature are really useful for grilling and griddling various foods.
- Indicator lights. These will help you to know when the waffle iron is ready and when your waffles are cooked.
- Flip technology. Waffle makers that can flip will make sure they are evenly cooked and light and spongy on the inside.
- Temperature gauge. Make your waffles just as you like them with a temperature dial.