There is no tastier treat in the world than ice cream accompanied by homemade waffle cones. They are simply brilliant on a hot summer’s day and are quick and easy to whip together.
Homemade waffle cones are much tastier than the shop bought ones, they are crunchier and sweeter and perfect to pile in scoop after scoop of soft ice cream.
The thing I love the most about homemade waffle cones is how versatile they are. If you have been thinking that waffle cones are only good for ice cream, you will be surprised to see just how useful they can be. Try your hand at the following to see just how many things you can really do with a waffle cone:
- Cupcakes in a cone. Pop mini cupcakes into a waffle cone, you can even drizzle them over with a little of your favorite sauce, just like you would ice cream.
- Smores in a cone. Try filling your cones with marshmallow, crushed graham crackers and chocolate chips to make some portable smores, perfect to be shared in the garden.
- Fruit medley in a cone. Dice up some of your favorite summer fruits and then spoon them into a cone to make the perfect fruit salad with a twist. You could try a blend of strawberries, red grapes and honeydew melon.
- Snacks in a cone. Looking for an innovative way to give party favors to your guests? Try adding some tasty snacks such as potato chips, pretzels, mixed nuts and more to the inside of a waffle cone and distribute. They will love the creativity!
- Rice Krispy cake in a cone. Melt a mixture of marshmallows, rice Krispies and chocolate over low heat, allow to cool and then spoon into a waffle cone for a sugary treat that is perfect for a kids party. You could even let the little ones help you spoon it all together.
As you can see, there are so many different waffle cone recipes out there, besides your traditional ice cream in a cone. That is why it is so important that you have the right waffle cone making equipment behind you so that you can create the tastiest cones to go with your dessert. To help you out a little, I have compiled a list of the very best waffle cone makers on the market with details on their leading specifications so that you can pick one that will really suit your needs.
Top 5 Waffle Cone Maker Reviews
Ready to make the very best waffle cones? Then you need to have the very best equipment behind you too, that will help you set sail to waffle cone success. There are so many different waffle cone makers on the market these days, so have a look at the following list of the top 5 waffle cone makers that will help you choose the very best and give you an idea on what to look out for before purchasing.
ALDKitchen 110V Electric Ice Cream Waffle Cone Maker Electric Ice Cream Cone Machine (Plain cone)
Here’s a great ice cream cone maker that has some fantastic features, the flat surface means that it makes plain cones only, but as a result, the waffle cone maker can also be used to make eggs rolls!
- Nonstick surface prevents waffle cone from burning
- Temperature dial means that you are in control of just how crispy you make them
- The comfortable handle on the waffle cone maker makes it easier to operate.
Happybuy Electric Ice Cream Cone Waffle Maker Machine 1200W Stainless Steel Nonstick Surface for Commercial Home Use
Here is a great waffle cone maker with grates to produce those original waffle cone ridges.
- The nonstick coating is easy to wipe down and clean and thanks to the stainless steel coating, the whole appliance is easy to keep clean.
- The plate is very wide, measuring a generous 10 x 13 inches, meaning that it can also be used to make crepes, pizza bases, tortillas and even pancakes.
Chef’sChoice 838 WaffleCone Express Nonstick Ice Cream Cone Maker Creates Delicious Homemade Sugar and Waffle Cones
If this is your first time making homemade waffle cones, you will need to get your hands on all of the equipment. But don’t worry, as this maker comes with everything you need to get the job done!
- Cone rolling form included for you to wrap the waffle cones into shape after cooking
- Recipes included so that you can get the most out of your waffle cone maker
- With this appliance, you can make more waffle cones at record speed, as it cooks waffle cone batter in just two minutes! So you can spend less time cooking and chowing down on waffle cones.
Waffle Cone and Bowl Maker- Includes Shaper Roller and Bowl Press- Homemade Ice Cream Cone Iron Machine
Here is another waffle cone maker that comes with all of the equipment you need if you are just starting out on your homemade waffle cone journey. It boasts the following fantastic features:
- Includes a cone roller for you to wrap your hot waffle cones around and press into shape.
- Fed up of waffle cones? This waffle cone maker also comes with a handy waffle bowl press so that you can chop and change between bowls and cones as you please.
- It is super speedy and will cook your batter in just two minutes.
Aluminum Alloy Gas Non-Stick Waffle Cone Maker Cake Griddle Egg Roll Mold
Looking for a sturdy waffle cone maker that will last? You’ve found it.
- This maker is made up of an aluminum alloy which is very robust and makes the appliance last longer than the average waffle cone maker.
- The nonstick coating is easy to wipe clean, and this maker can also be used to make egg rolls.
How to Clean Your Waffle Cone Maker
Maybe you already purchased a brand new waffle cone maker and got it at home and are looking for some tips on how to keep it in tip-top condition for as long as possible. Or maybe you have a slightly older waffle maker sitting around indoors that you are reluctant to use because you find it difficult to keep clean, and let’s face it, if it doesn’t clean up quickly, it really isn’t worth all of the hassle.
The following is a handy step-by-step guide that will let you in on all of the do’s and don’ts when it comes to cleaning your waffle maker so that you can spend less time scrubbing and spend more time crunching into some tasty waffle cones. Follow the steps carefully for the very best results:
- Unplug the waffle cone maker and allow it to cool before attempting to clean it to prevent being burned by the hot grill.
- Lay a warm, soapy, damp cloth over the grill for a few minutes if it is covered in stuck on pieces of batter.
- If the debris persists, dust the grill lightly with baking soda and use a damp, soapy, non-abrasive sponge to remove the caked on batter from the grill, moving the sponge over the grill in circular motions.
- Use a cotton swab to remove debris that may have gotten stuck in the crevices of the appliance.
- When the waffle cone maker looks clean, use a warm, soapy, damp cloth to wipe over the entire surface of the waffle cone maker, including the outside, to remove any grease.
- Rinse the soap from the cloth, ring it dry and then use it to wipe the waffle cone maker over once more.
- Use a microfiber tea towel to dry the waffle cone maker.
Best Waffle Cone Recipe
Looking for the very best homemade waffle cone recipe? Well then, stop right there because you have found it! Nothing screams summer better than sweet and crunchy ice cream cones tightly packed with your favorite ice cream or sorbet.
Ready to give this waffle cone recipe a whirl? Fantastic, below is a list of all the ingredients you will need and a detailed description of the instructions that are necessary to make the greatest waffle cones that your family and friends won’t be able to get enough of.
This fantastic recipe makes 12 great waffle cones, play about with the quantities of the ingredients if you want to make more to store and enjoy later, or less, if making for just three or four people.
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup of white sugar
- ⅓ cup of unsalted butter, melted and then cooled to room temperature
- 4 ½ tbsps of full-fat milk
- ¾ teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp of sea salt
- ½ tsp of ground cinnamon
- Butter or vegetable oil as required
- Using a stand mixer, whisk the eggs and sugar together in a bowl until they become frothy.
- Then whisk in the unsalted butter, full-fat milk and vanilla extract.
- When combined, whisk together the all-purpose flour and salt until a thin batter has been formed.
- Plug in the waffle cone maker and place on medium heat. Use a cooking brush to wipe the grills with oil or butter.
- Pour ⅓ of a cup of batter onto the waffle cone maker and then tilt so that the batter has been spread evenly over the grill. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown and the edges of the waffle cone are firm.
- Then, using a rubber spatula, flip the waffle cone onto the other side and cook for a further two minutes, or until the underside is golden brown.
- Remove from the waffle cone maker while hot and wrap around the waffle cone mold and squeeze the edges into place so that they overlap on one side.
- Place in a circular rack to cool then repeat steps five to eight until you have used the remaining batter.
So there you have it, the very best waffle cone makers on the market. Instead of buying a box of waffle cones, purchase a waffle cone maker, whip together your own batter and grill your very own homemade waffle cones this weekend. Your kids won’t be able to get over the sweet and crunchy taste and you will never want shop bought waffle cones again!