Nothing will get the kids out of bed faster than the heavenly smell of freshly baked waffles in the morning. Waffles are a great breakfast and tea time snack treat to prepare for family and friends and they are so easy to whip together, making for a stress-free but tasty morning. Have a look at these best ceramic waffle maker reviews to help you make the best decision.
The best thing about waffles is that there are so many ways to make them, meaning that there really is something for everyone. There are dozens of recipes out there for waffle lovers to make gluten free and egg free waffles or waffles with reduced fat and sugar for those who want a slightly lighter option.
And of course the very best thing about waffles are definitely the toppings. There are so many ways to really jazz up your breakfast, no two batches have to be the same! From sticky, fudgy caramel sauce to sweet homemade blueberry sauce or even diced strawberries or a lemon-sugar drizzle, there is a waffle topping to suit every palate.
But of course, the perfect waffles won’t just make themselves, and if you are quite the avid waffler, I’m sure you will agree from experience that the kind of equipment you have behind you can really affect how successful your waffles turn out to be.
That’s why this article has been lovingly put together for all of you waffle enthusiasts out there to help you choose the best waffle maker that will lead you to waffle success, everytime.
Here Are The Top 8 Ceramic Waffle Maker Reviews
With so many waffle makers on the market it can be tricky to decide which one to purchase. Have a look at the following reviews that will give you an idea about what features to look out for when buying.
1. Presto 03510
Looking for a waffle maker that will do all of the hard work for you? Then this model will be right up your street. There are so many features on this waffle maker that really facilitate cooking, here are just a few.
This Presto waffler maker is perfect for daily use and even for new cooks as not only is it easy to operate but it knows exactly how long your waffles need to cook and will signal when baking time is complete. So simply fill it with batter and then take a seat!
- Countdown display timer. This waffler comes with a timer and knows for how long it needs to cook the waffles.
- Flip design. This waffle maker can do a 180 degree flip, ensuring that the batter is spread evenly and that they cook perfectly.
- Upright storage. It is great on space saving as it can be locked into an upright storage position, meaning it can be squeezed into any little space in your kitchen cupboards.
- Very easy to clean and maintain
- Waffles cook perfectly
- Comes with an auto timer
- Easy to operate
- The plates are not removable
- Doesn’t have temperature settings option
The Chefman Anti overflow, belgian waffle maker is another great model to have in your kitchen if you are someone who loves to make waffles but without creating a mess.
If you are after something really smart and professional looking then this might just be your model, as its pristine black finish just screams waffle professionalism.
This also comes with a recipe galore so now you will never have to be stuck for recipe ideas again!
The website also has a great feature that connects you with other chefs so that you can really learn from the pros! And that’s not all, it also comes with a Healthy Living recipe book, if you are more of a traditional bookworm.
Here are some of the other features you will also find handy.
- Recipes galore. This waffle maker comes with access to ClubChefman.com where you can find recipes, tutorials, waffle tricks and tips and other useful information that will help you get the most out of your waffle maker.
- Non-stick coating. The non-stick coating means that your waffler will not stick to the surface and you will be able to take it out of the loan easily.
- Compact and easy to store. Doesn’t take up much space at the kitchen countertop
- Designed with an anti-flow wrap around channel to prevent any spilling.
- Comes with & cooking setting
- The light indicators are very faint in appearance and hard to observe.
3. Oster Titanium Infused DuraCeramic
Time is money nowadays and getting a speedy job done is definitely an essential in the kitchen. That’s why I love this Osten Titanium Flip Waffle Maker. Check it out.
The Oster waffle maker is the perfect solution for making waffles quick and easy. It’s titanium infused ceramic coating gives it a nonstick surface and makes the waffles slide out effortlessly. Let’s have a look at some of its other features below.
- Dura ceramic speed. The waffler has been made with a Dura ceramic finish which makes cooking up to 20% faster than it would be with an ordinary waffle iron. That means you can be tucking into a bigger stack of waffles, faster.
- Fluffy or crispy. It is really easy to adjust the temperature on this iron, meaning that you can switch between making light and fluffy or dark and crispy waffles.
- Flip it. The flip feature on this model means that the batter will be more evenly distributed and will help your waffles to crisp to perfection on the outside with a great springy spongy center.
- PTFE- and PFOA-free
- The ceramic coating doesn’t flake or peel off
- Comes with different heat setting option
- Difficult to clean and the plates are not removable as well.
4. George Foreman GRP4842P
Why kill two birds with one stone when you can kill three? Everyone knows that everything George Foreman screams quality, and there’s nothing different about this waffle maker.
This George Foreman grill makes a mean stack of waffles, but it can also be used to grill a steak, vegetables, chicken and fish. And then when you are feeling peckish again, fire it up to make a sandwich. There are so many ways this grill can be used.
- Digital controls. The control panel clearly displays the cooking time and temperature, helping you to keep an eye on your food without having to constantly keep lifting the lid.
- Fat free! The new and improved non-stick surface means that you can cook without adding oil or butter to the surface of the grill, but don’t worry as your food will still have the same great taste.
- Removable plates. This is a ceramic waffle maker with removable plates meaning that when you are done cooking you can simply detach the plates and pop them in the dishwasher to be cleaned. Easy peasy!
- Plates are removable and easy to clean after every use.
- Easy to operate
- Can be used for multiple cooking purposes.
- Food tends to stick to the ceramic plates
5. Hamilton Beach
Everyone loves a good old faithful cooking appliance that really lasts. This waffle maker has really got your back.
This Hamilton Beach waffle maker is an absolute must have if you love Belgian waffles. It’s easy flip technology makes crispy and fluffy waffles every time.
- Copper ceramic. The copper non-stick ceramic coating is very durable, meaning that this waffler will be in your family for the long run.
- Family friendly. This waffle maker is PTFE and PFOA free, so you can use it with peace of mind knowing that it won’t give off any of the harmful chemicals that a teflon coated waffle iron would.
- Thick and spongy. This waffle iron is perfect for making Belgian waffles as the iron grooves are thick and perfect for making extra fluffy waffle goodness.
- Comes with removable plates
- Plates are dishwasher safe and easy to clean
- The grids are easily to remove
- Durable and will last a long time if maintained well
- The plates have to srrayed with oil or butter to prevent the food from sticking
6. Oster DuraCeramic Infusion Series
The diet starts on Monday, right? Before starting any diet it is always appropriate to celebrate with a steaming hot batch of waffles.
This waffle Oster DuraCeramic maker has a really handy feature that will help you to make healthier waffles for the whole family.
- Happy healthy waffles. This waffle maker comes with a DuraCeramic Olive Oil infused coating, which means that you will not have add any grease or extra oil to the waffler for cooking.
- Ready, set, go. It also comes with “power” and “ready” indicator lights so that you know when the waffle iron is heated and ready for you to add the batter.
- Clutter-free. This waffle maker stores in a vertical position, making it easier to store and taking up less space.
- Don’t have to add or spray with additional oil or butter
- Made with non-toxic materials
- Can be cleaned with just a wipe with a paper towel
- Easy to use
- Heat doesn’t distribute evenly therefore teh waffles tend to be cooked uneven.
7. Oster Titanium-Infused DuraCeramic
Fed up of those non-stick coatings that are always great when you first purchase them, but that start to go down hill after a few uses? Then this Oster Titanium infused waffle maker is just for you.
This Oster Titanium-Infused DuraCeramic waffle maker will keep on producing the perfect waffles for time to come and hence is a must to have product for your kitchen
It is compact in shape and will easily fit in to your kitchen top. It cooks 20% faster and makes fluffy waffles every single time.
- Non-stick. This waffle maker has a DuraCeramic titanium infused non-stick coating, which lasts 8 times longer than ordinary non-stick coatings.
- Speed is key. Another nifty feature is that it cooks waffles up to 30% faster than normal waffle irons thanks to the titanium coating so that you can have a stack of waffles prepared before the family even begin to stir from their slumber.
- Cooks a lot faster and great for cooking larger batches of waffles
- Has light indicators
- Can be stored vertically saving a lot of space
- Food often tends to stick to the plates making the clean up process difficult as well
8. Cuisinart WAF200
One of the things that used to really put me off of making waffles in the past was the tricky and sticky cleanup process after making them, but that is definitely not the case with this fantastic waffle maker by Cuisinart.
The irons on this waffle maker have been coated in a nonstick coating making them super easy to wipe clean. Not only that but the casing of the waffle maker has been made from brushed stainless steel, making it easier to wipe over with a kitchen cloth to clean. Dead easy!
- Make your waffles just the way you like them this weekend as this waffle maker comes with 6 browning settings – the perfect setting for each member of the family!
- This waffle maker is super clever as it comes with an audible alert system that will sound a beep when the waffles are ready to be removed from the waffle maker! Now that’s classy!
- Very sturdy and durable
- Easy to clean
- Food doesn’t stick to the surface of the plates
- The waffles take a long time to cook and often doesn’t cook through evenly
Ceramic Waffle Makers vs Teflon
Looking to purchase a waffle maker? What a great idea. But with so many different makes and models out there it can be a little tricky to know which waffle iron to purchase.
One of the more difficult decisions to make when purchasing a waffle maker is knowing whether to get one that is ceramic or Teflon. So take a look at the following list of pointers on both ceramic and Teflon waffle makers what will help you decide which one will work best for you.
Ceramic coated waffle maker:
- The ceramic coating on them is PFOA and PTFE free, meaning they are a lot safer for you and your family’s health. Where as when teflon coated waffle makers are heated to above 350 degrees they begin to degrade the PTFE coating, causing dangerous chemicals to be released that could damage your lungs.
- A ceramic non-stick coating is also easy to clean by simply wiping with a warm, damp, soapy cloth, making the tidying up faster.
- Ceramic coated waffle makers generally cook 20% faster than teflon coated waffle makers, meaning you can make more waffles in less time.
Teflon coated waffle maker:
- Usually come with a non-stick, stainless steel surface meaning that waffles can be easily be removed from the waffle iron and the waffle maker won’t corrode easily.
- Whilst the waffle makers can reach very high temperatures, when left to heat above 350 degrees their PTFE coating begins to degrade, causing harmful chemicals to be released into the atmosphere that could be damaging for your pets and cause your family to suffer from flu-like symptoms if left untreated.
As you can see, having a teflon-free waffle maker in your home is definitely the best way forward, not only will it help to keep your family safe but it will do the same great job as any waffle maker and help you to prepare a delicious breakfast for the family.
Luckily, many manufacturers have cottoned on to the possible dangers of having teflon coated cooking appliances and are making a lot of their products with teflon free coatings.
How to clean a waffle maker (best method)
The most tedious part about cooking is pretty much always the cleaning up. Are you struggling to keep your waffle maker clean or looking for an easier way to get the grease and stickiness off of it? Then you are in luck because the following is a handy step-by-step guide that will help you to get your waffle maker gleaning again.
Follow these steps carefully to keep your waffle maker in pristine condition.
- Unplug it! The plates on a waffle iron can reach some mighty piping temperatures so make sure you unplug it and allow it to cool for a few minutes before you attempt to clean it.
- Paper towel time. Using some kitchen roll, wipe the grease away that may have accumulated on the plates and between the ridges. Make sure to get between those nooks and crannies.
- Brush brush brush. Use a soft-bristled kitchen brush to remove dried on bits of waffle batter that may be stuck to the plates.
- Hot cloth treatment. Soak a kitchen cloth in hot soapy water and then squeeze it so that there is a little hot water left behind. Place the cloth flat over the waffle maker irons and then clip it shut and leave for a few minutes or until more stubborn dried bits of waffle are able to be wiped away. Repeat this step if necessary.
- Sponge down. Soak a soft sponge in hot soapy water and then squeeze until there is only a little water left behind. Pass the sponge over the irons and the outside of the waffle maker to remove any grease or stickiness from the appliance.
And there you have it, 5 easy steps that will help you to keep your waffle iron in tip-top condition. Make sure you don’t use any overly abrasive cleaning tools so that the non-stick coating remains intact and the outside of the waffle maker doesn’t become scratched over time.
Yes, they are completely safe as ceramic non-stick waffle makers are totally free of PTFE and PFOA.
Yes, ceramic waffle makers all tend to be non-stick.
There are so many different ceramic waffle makers on the market, so make sure you choose a model that really fits the bill.
- Flip technology to evenly spread the batter and ensure optimal cooking.
- Light indicators and display that will tell you when the waffle maker is hot and ready and when they have finished cooking.
- DuraCeramic non-stick coating that will help keep the waffles sticking.
- Upright storage so that it won’t take up much room in your cupboards.
Look out for these features and happy waffling! Don’t forget the toppings to create the ultimate stack of waffles that your family will love.