A kitchen will never be complete without a great chef’s knife. A Chef’s knife is the perfect multipurpose knife that is great for completing a whole host of food preparation tasks such as chopping, slicing, and mincing your favorite vegetables and meat. That is why the focus in this article is on the Shun 8 chef knife review – a superb multipurpose knife that is taking the nation by storm.
Shun 8 Inch Chef Knife
If you have a chef’s knife at home that is working below standard or is not helping you to prepare your meals as fast as you think it should, don’t waste any more time on it! This article has been prepared especially for you, to show you the fantastic Shun DM0706 razor sharp chef’s knife and everything it has to offer.
During this article, you will be able to read a complete review of the Shun DM0706 Classic 8-inch chef’s knife and see all of the features it contains. Not only that, but you will also be presented with a list of pros and cons that will help you to get an inside peek on the Shun Classic and find out what consumers have to say about it.
Shun 8 inch chef knife Review
So, to start the ball rolling, take a look at the following overview!
Are you looking to get your hands on a brand new Shun 8 inch chef knife? Then I am sure you are keen to know a little more about the knife and how it operates before you do so. Take a look at the following information that will explain everything you need to know about it:
- Handle. The handle on the Shun Classic has been carefully and ergonomically designed out of Pakkawood, the perfect material that is easy to clean and keep clean and has been molded to fit gracefully in the palm of your hand, helping you to get a better grip on the knife and giving you more control over the chef knives.
- Lightweight. The Shun 8 inch chef’s knife is a lightweight knife that makes it easier to maneuver and control than heavy and bulky kitchen utensils.
- Sharp. The knife’s blade is made up of 69 layers of stainless steel, with each layer contributing to the strength of the knife. The VG-MAX stainless steel is a fantastic choice of blade material as not only is it highly resistant against stains, but it also offers protection against rust and corrosion. The VG-MAX also contains added chromium making the knife far sharper in comparison to run of the mill kitchen knives.
- The Blade of the Knife. Because of the firmness of the steel, the blade is thinner, lighter and sharper. Thinner blades are simple to manage in times of action. These type of blade edges are incredibly sharper and works better for fewer strokes. Lighter blades are much easier to deal with and control.
- The DM0706 knife blade is created to have a 16-degree angle on each side, which means it has an extensive angle of 32 degrees. Compare to the European knives which measure 20-22 degree angle on each side, the Shun traditional chef knife is far beyond sharper.
- When slicing, Microscopic air pockets emerge due to the cladding process on the blade, so that it lessens friction. There is a Shun logo inscribed on the surface area of the blade that makes the blade more stunning.
- The Steel .If you desire peak performance from a knife at a reasonable expense, then you should go through the VG-10 steel. The VG( Gold) -10 steel is the heart of the Shun 8 inch timeless chef knife. Chefs from all over the world of around 60- 70% quests for the Japanese VG-10 steel for its remarkable quality.
- It is understood for its firmness, sharpness and exceptional ability to maintain the sharpness of the edge. For strength and firmness cobalt is added and for retaining sharpness vanadium is contributed to this premium steel. From Japan, for flatware, it’s a high carbon Gold standard super stainless-steel. There are a lot of steel readily available but the cladding steel is special and VG-10 provides the best of the cladding steels. Additionally, it is incredibly rust-resistant.
- The Edge. You may experience that a number of the regional knives get dull sooner than you anticipate. Over time their edges get damaged extremely terribly and you may need to hone the edge regularly. Why endure these harassments, where there is a much better solution from this professional chef knife!
- As you know, the more the Rockwell firmness scale counts, the more difficult is the steel and the more the edge of the blade is sharp. Notably, that count of the scale makes sure that the edge of the blade holds its stunning sharp edge incredibly. You just don’t have to hone your Shun timeless chef knife often.
Shun 8 inch Chef Knife Pros & Cons
There is no greater way to really get to know a kitchen utensil before purchasing it than to look through consumer reviews.
But instead of searching and scrolling through endless reviews on the internet for the Shun DM0706, I have done all of the hard work for you. Simply read the following consumer pros and cons to find out what this knife is all about.
After looking through this review, I am sure you can understand just why so many home chefs are gravitating towards the Shun DM0706 classic 8-inch chef’s knife as their next and possibly even their last chef’s knife (thanks to their lifetime sharpening guarantee).
If you are looking for the perfect all-purpose knife that will be ideal for slicing, chopping, and mincing through tough vegetables, fruits and cuts of meat, you cannot go wrong if you are looking to purchase the Shun 8 inch knife.
This Shun Classic knife is fantastic, so much so that you may find yourself wondering – is there anything this knife cannot do? Well, of course, it is a regular chef’s knife, so it would not be your ideal knife for coring or peeling fruits or vegetables, nor would it be too effective when deboning meat or fish or cutting uniform slices of your favorite sourdough bread, but it will most certainly take care of the rest!
The great thing about this knife is that not only will it help you to simply complete a food preparation task, but the design of the knife and the strength of the knife will help you to get everything done at record speed.
Try it out for yourself so you can see just what all of the fuss is about!