Every kitchen needs a great pair of kitchen shears in order to function well. What’s the reason? Certain meals can be prepared faster with a pair of kitchen shears or scissors. If your kitchen knives are a little worse for wear then a good set of meat cutting scissors will help you to snip your way through some thin cuts of beef in a jiffy. Not only are they handy for cutting through meat but kitchen shears are also great for all of the following tasks:
- Snipping herbs such as mint and bay leaves to be used in cooking
- Opening food packaging
- Breaking down poultry
Still not convinced that you really need a pair of kitchen shears in your cutlery drawer? Then take a look at the following kitchen scissor uses that are a little quirky and innovative that will definitely make you reconsider.
- What if you don’t own a pizza cutter? Not to worry! A pair of kitchen shears will slice straight through a piping hot, cheesy pizza ready for this Friday night in with friends.
- Are you preparing a Mediterranean classic? Then a pair of kitchen shears will help you to clean and devein shrimp with just the flick of your wrist.
- Chopping canned fruits with a knife isn’t impossible, but doing so means straining the fruit first and you risk losing some of the juices. Use a pair of kitchen shears to chop through your canned peaches, pineapple or tomatoes without even removing them from the can!
- Opt for a pair of kitchen shears over a knife blade when deseeding small, dried fruits such as prunes, or when cutting dried fruits into small pieces as they are easier to control and keep a hold on with a pair of shears than with a knife.
So there you have it, there is a lot more that can be done with a nifty pair of kitchen shears than simply cutting strips of bacon or opening food packaging. If you don’t own a pair of kitchen shears then you are really missing out on making some major cooking tasks a lot easier.
Top 5 Kitchen Shears Reviews
Are you after the very best brand new pair of kitchen shears to add to your kitchen utensil drawer? Check out the following review of 5 kitchen shears that you will love. These kitchen shears have been hand-picked by me as they have razor-sharp blades that will make cutting and snipping a doddle in the kitchen. Not only that, but a few of the shears have been chosen because of their handy extra features that make cooking that little bit easier.
Best kitchen Heavy Duty Cooking Scissors for Poultry, Meat, Herb Cutting
Do you want to get your hands on a great pair of meat shears? Then check out this heavy-duty pair by Best Kitchen.
- These shears are dishwasher safe, making them the perfect accompaniment to a busy kitchen environment.
- The blades are made from high carbon stainless steel, meaning they are rust and stain-resistant and are also razor-sharp, cutting through plastics and tough meat and poultry with ease.
- The shears come with a handy bone-cutting notch that is perfect for crushing through meat and chicken bones.
Kitchen Scissors – Heavy Duty Utility Come Apart Shears For Chicken, Meat, Food, Vegetables
If you are looking for a pair of shears that is easy to clean, then you will love this heavy-duty pair by Gerior.
- The shears come in two fantastic colors, black or black and red, perfect for you to choose the style you love.
- The shears can be taken apart for cleaning, making them the ideal choice for use when cutting raw meat, fish, and poultry.
- The blades are made from stainless steel, the perfect material that is resistant against rust and staining.
- Not only do they work as a great pair of shears, but they also come with extra features such as a bottle opener, nut and bone cracker, jar opener, and a screwdriver tip. The perfect solution for any kitchen situation.
ZWILLING J.A. Henckels 43967-200 Kitchen Shears
Here is another fantastic pair of kitchen shears but this time coming to you by ZWILLING J.A. Henckels.
- These shears have been built to withstand the harsh temperatures of the dishwasher, making them 100% dishwasher safe – the perfect solution for a busy family kitchen.
- The shears weigh a mere 6.4 ounces, helping to reduce wrist fatigue because of their light weight.
Kitchen Shears, Acelone Premium Heavy Duty Shears Ultra Sharp Stainless Steel Multi-function Kitchen Scissors
If you are looking for a pair of ultra-sharp kitchen shears at an economical price then look no further:
- The anti-skid material handle makes the shears safer to use as they will grip better in your hands.
- This pair of shears comes with some handy additional features such as a nutcracker and a bottle opener, saving you time searching for extra tools in the kitchen.
- The shears are dishwasher safe and are made from robust stainless steel, keeping them free from rust and staining.
Kitchen Scissors,Merisny Multi-Function Kitchen Scissors Set Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Poultry Shears
Here is a great pair of multifunctioning kitchen shears by Merisny:
- The ergonomically designed handles help you to grip the handles better, making the shears easier and safer to use, giving you more control over the blades.
- The shears come with a plastic blade guard that helps to keep the blades sharp and also helps to protect your family from accidents.
- The extra features on the shears will help you to cut meat and poultry, descale fish, open caps and crack nuts and bones.
What’s coming up…
If you are kitting out a brand new kitchen or are simply replacing some of your old kitchen cookware and utensils then you are probably after a little guidance when it comes to purchasing a new pair of kitchen cutters to make sure you get your hands on the very best equipment for you. If you are unsure about whether you should purchase some kitchen shears or kitchen scissors then do not despair, as in this article I will go on to discuss which of the two will be best for you based on your cooking style and the differences between them. Not only that, but I will also go on to mention the factors that make up the very best pair of shears for your kitchen utensil drawer so that you can keep the details in mind when choosing your perfect pair. Finally, I will share with you the top 5 kitchen shears available for purchase right now, these kitchen shears have been handpicked because of their excellence, making it easier for you to choose your winner.
Shears vs Scissors
If you are looking for the very best poultry shears or the best heavy-duty kitchen shears for cutting through food and tough supermarket packaging then it is important to know whether you need a pair of shears or a pair of scissors. Have a look at the following shears vs scissors guide that will help you to differentiate the two.
- Have equally sized finger holes.
- Blades are generally under 6 inches in length
- Have a high or central pivot point, perfect for everyday use.
- May come with additional features such as a nutcracker.
- Have one smaller finger hole and one larger finger hole.
- Blades are generally over 6 inches in length
- The blades are usually dismountable making them easier to clean after use with sticky or greasy foods or meat.
- Lower pivot point makes it easier to add more force for cutting through denser materials.
- May come with additional features such as a bone and nutcracker, bottle or jar opener.
If you can mainly see yourself using your kitchen scissors for simple cutting tasks such as opening food packaging, cutting leaves off of herbs and slicing through the odd pizza or two then a pair of kitchen scissors will be the perfect match for you. However, if you are looking to use your kitchen shears for more heavy durty tasks such as cutting through tough meat, bones, and nuts then a great pair of kitchen shears will be your ideal kitchen companion.
Now, what makes up the best pair of kitchen shears? Stay tuned to find out…
What makes up the best Shears?
If you are looking for a pair of shears to chop through chunks of meat and breakdown tough cuts of poultry then you will need the sharpest scissors. How can you be sure that the kitchen shears you are purchasing really are the best to suit your needs? Take a look at the following kitchen shear guide that will help you to see what features make up the best kitchen shears.
- Dehinge. A pair of kitchen shears that come apart at the hinge makes them really easy to clean. You will likely want to use your kitchen shears for cutting through meat, chicken, and fish so having a pair that comes apart at the hinge for extra scrubbing is really important to avoid cross-contamination.
- Spacious handle loops. When cutting through tougher foods and materials in the kitchen you will need the power and pressure of your whole hand. Kitchen shear handle loops that only have enough space for a few digits, or that you have to squeeze to get all of your fingers into will not give you the power you need to slice your way through the toughest cuts of meat. Opt for a pair of shears that comes with spacious handles that can fit all of the digits, giving you a better grip on the shears.
- Multitool. Shears that come with other features besides cutting and snipping are really useful. Some kitchen shears come with a handy bone and nutcracker, bottle opener or jar opener that can be really helpful and save you time looking for other tools when cooking.
- Sharp blades. The blades should be sharp enough to slice through kitchen paper, cardboard, and food packaging plastic like it would butter. While you cannot expect the world from a pair of kitchen shears, they should be able to crack through smaller meat bones without any problems, leaving the larger bones for your kitchen ax or kitchen santoku knife to tackle.
When looking for your next pair of food cutting scissors make sure you browse the above-mentioned list of kitchen shears that will get the job done in the blink of an eye. Having a great pair of chicken scissors to cut through poultry or meat scissors to breakdown your best cut of lamb is really essential in the kitchen, so make sure your kitchen shears come with some of the following features that will make life so much easier for you in the kitchen:
- The shears should dehinge for easy cleaning.
- The shears should have spacious handle loops to make cutting more comfortable and make it easier for you to put pressure on the blades.
- The shears should also have sharp blades, making it easier to cut through meat, poultry, and food packaging.
If your shears come with all of these features and more, then you can be confident you have got yourself the very best kitchen shears to tackle any cutting and snipping job that you come across in the kitchen.