Clutter. Why is it so difficult to declutter the home? The biggest challenge is usually the kitchen, it seems to be the most tricky place to keep free from clutter because of all of the appliances hanging around on the work surfaces. Between the chopping board, the blender, the cookie jar and knife block, there doesn’t seem to be any space leftover for anything else.
Now you may think, well I just need a bigger kitchen and while that may seem like a great idea, it may not be the kindest on the purse strings. What you could really use rather than a new kitchen, would be some more space-saving appliances. Starting with an under cabinet toaster oven.
An under cabinet toaster oven does exactly as the name implies, it is a kitchen appliance that toasts bread and can be placed under a cabinet when in operation and when it is not. The great thing about under cabinet toaster ovens is that they are fantastic space savers. You will not need to have a toaster oven taking up space unnecessarily on your kitchen work surface as these can be tucked away neatly under a cabinet. They work just as well as your standard toaster oven and have a few more features that I think you will really love. Not only does an under cabinet toaster oven toast bread but it can also do the following:
- Cook a homemade pizza or one from frozen
- Bake the most delicious cookies
- Toast bagels, baguettes, and other bread
- Reheat food
As you can see, an under cabinet toaster oven has many functions, more than your standard toaster, making them really indispensable in the family kitchen.
Top 10 Reviews
Looking for the right under cabinet toaster oven? There are so many makes and models on the market and it can be difficult to know what you really need. That is why I have provided the following list of 10 of the very best toaster ovens on the market today with a list of some of the specifications that really make them a great buy.
Have a look at the following toaster ovens to get a feel of what you like so that you can choose the right oven when you come to purchase.
Breville BOV845BSS Smart Oven Pro 1800 W Convection Toaster Oven with Element IQ
Here is a great toaster oven that has a few handy features that I think you will love:
- Interior light. The oven comes with an interior oven light which will help you to keep an eye on your food without having to constantly keep opening the oven door.
- Pre-set functions. It also has ten pre-set cooking functions so that at the click of a button you can make a pizza, bake cookies, toast bread… Simply pop your food in the oven, press one of the pre-set function buttons and then sit back and relax, the oven will let you know when it has finished.
- Easy cleaning. Fed up of scrubbing your toaster oven clean? This interior walls of this oven have been coated in a nonstick material meaning that it can be wiped clean in a jiffy.
Cuisinart TOB-195 Exact Heat Toaster Oven Broiler, Stainless
This is a really clever toaster oven, it has many functions that I think you will find useful, not only can it toast a crunchy loaf of sliced bread, bake a deliciously cheesy pizza or bake some gooey chocolate chip cookies but it also has the following specifications:
- Reheat and defrost. The toaster oven comes with these two functions amongst others that will help you to reheat food or defrost something from the freezer ready to cook later.
- Timers. It also comes with a clock and oven timers so that you can set exactly how long you want your food to cook without having to watch the clock.
- Modern design. This toaster oven comes with stylish looking touchpad buttons which give it a really classy look.
Cuisinart TOB-260N1 Chef’s Convection Toaster Oven, Stainless Steel
This toaster oven by Cuisinart is really great for families. It has some superb features that make cooking for parties of 4 and above a walk in the park. The oven also comes with a handy recipe book containing lots of different meals that will really guide you to getting the most out of your toaster oven.
- Optimized cooking time. This oven comes with many pre-set cooking buttons which customize cooking time not only to the type of food you are making, but also to how much of it. For example, it will change the cooking timing depending on how many slices of bread you would like to toast, be it 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-9… to deliver the perfect toast every time. It will also change the cooking time based on the size of the pizza (up to 13 inches!).
- Pizza stone. The toaster oven is perfect for pizza lovers as it comes with a 13-inch pizza stone, all ready for you to make your base, smother it in tomato sauce and add cheese.
Calphalon Quartz Heat Countertop Toaster Oven, Dark Stainless Steel
I really like the look of this toaster oven. It has a dark stainless steel finish which I think looks particularly classy in the kitchen. But it doesn’t just look great, it also has a really great performance:
- Accessories. This toaster oven by Quartz has been kitted out with the very best accessories such as a baking pan, pizza pan, dehydrator rack and wire rack, giving you the freedom to try out loads of new recipes.
- Speed. This toaster oven will have your dinner on the table in record timing as the oven delivers 40% more heat and preheats faster than a conventional tube heating element. That means you will able to sit back and tuck in faster than ever before. No more hungry bellies!
- LCD display. The display on this toaster oven has a high contrast level, meaning that you will be able to check up on the timer on your oven from across the room.
Panasonic Toaster Oven NB-G110P FlashXpress with Double Infrared Heating and Removable 9-Inch Inner Baking Tray, Silver, 1300W
Looking for the best toaster oven under $100? This toaster oven by Panasonic may be small but it certainly is powerful. Have a look at some of the features it offers:
- High temperatures. This toaster oven definitely is not lacking in power. It can produce temperatures of 250 to 500 degrees fahrenheit and cooks up to 40% faster than your standard toaster oven. That will get the kids’ dinner on the table quicker than you can say “Hey presto!”
- Popular pre-set foods. The toaster oven comes with some popular pre-set food buttons so that you can get your bread toasting, waffles browning, pizza sizzling and hash browns glistening at the mere press of a button.
- Money-saving. It is also kind on the purse strings, coming in to the market at less than $100 but with all of the essential features.
Hamilton Beach Countertop Toaster Oven, Easy Reach with Roll-Top Door, 6-Slice, Convection (31123D)
A hot oven door can be a bit of a concern, especially when you have small children in the house. That is why I am a big fan of this Hamilton Beach Countertop toaster oven as it has been made with families in mind. The main appealing feature on it is the oven door. Check it out:
- Roll-Top door. The toaster oven door on this model doesn’t precariously swing out, putting your family in danger of burns. Instead, it has been made as an easy reach roll-top door, which simply slides back into the oven when opening, meaning that no one has to worry about burning themselves on it when it is open. As the door opens up from the front, that means that things can be stored in front of the toaster oven, without inconveniencing its opening.
- Large glass door. The glass door is easy to wipe down and keep clean and allows the cook to keep an eye on their food without constantly having to open the oven door.
Oster Convection Countertop Toaster Oven Stainless Steel
I’m sure you have heard people say before, the oven burnt my food. But let those words be a thing of the past as with this Oster Convection Countertop toaster oven you are in charge.
- Warm, broil, toast, bake, turbo. These are just some of the options available for you to cook your food inside this toaster oven. Make the most delicious pizza and bake the most chocolatey cookies with this toaster oven.
- Timer. It also comes with a one minute to sixty-minute timer so that you can bake just about any recipe. When the time runs out it will give off a “ping” to alert you so that you don’t have to constantly keep watch on your food.
Hamilton Beach Toastation 2-Slice Toaster and Countertop Oven
I spoke earlier about the best toaster oven under $100. But maybe that is a little out of budget, what if you are looking for the best toaster ovens under $50? Then don’t worry, I’ve got you covered. Here is a fantastic toaster oven model by Hamilton Beach Toastation that really ticks all of the boxes, for under $50. Now that I what I call a bargain!
- Easy clean-up. The most tedious part about cooking is by far the cleaning up stage. There is nothing worse than being doubled over, wet sponge and degreaser at hand, scrubbing. That is why I am a big fan of this toaster oven, as the removable oven rack and baking pan are both dishwasher safe, meaning that half of the washing up has already been done for you. Superb.
- Crumb tray. Another great help is the removable crumb tray. Simply pull it out and empty it into the trash when you have finished using the toaster oven to keep it squeaky clean.
BLACK+DECKER TO3250XSB 8-Slice Extra Wide Convection Countertop Toaster Oven, Includes Bake Pan, Broil Rack & Toasting Rack
There is no great expense involved in the use of this toaster oven. Some toaster ovens require you to purchase new dishes and pans as the ones you already have simply won’t fit inside them. That is not the case with this toaster oven by BLACK+DECKER as it has an extra wide convection oven top, meaning that the kitchenware you already have will slide right in. The oven also has some additional features that you will enjoy:
- 3 cooking positions. Most toaster ovens come with only one or two toaster rack positions, but this oven comes with three, giving you more flexibility when cooking, also making it easier to brown foods on top.
- Crumb tray. The removable crumb tray is easy to pull out and empty into the trash when you have finished using the toaster oven. Keeping it clean and saving you time.
Toshiba EM925A5A-BS Microwave Oven with Sound On/Off ECO Mode and LED Lighting
Here is a really great microwave oven that is also fantastic and speedy when it comes to heating things up.
- Pre-set functions. This microwave oven comes with a setting for making sugary sweet or blissfully buttery popcorn, baking a potato to fill with cheese and slather with butter, baking a pizza, cooking some hearty frozen vegetables, even heating up your favorite beverages like tea and coffee or simply warming up the leftovers from last nights dinner plate. Whatever the meal, this microwave has a function pre-set for it!
- LED light. The powerful LED light on the microwave means you can keep an eye on the timing, from all the way across the room!
BLACK DECKER Countertop Convection Toaster Oven
If you are looking for a toaster oven that will sit neatly and classily between your kitchen countertop and kitchen cabinet then you have definitely found your winner with this one. This under cabinet toaster comes in a classic silver – the perfect stylish color that will match both modern and more traditional style kitchens. Take a look at everything that this under cabinet toaster oven by BLACK+DECKER has to offer.
You can cook more than one meal at once with this toaster oven as it comes with dual rack positions – place them closer to the top for more browning on the surface or dead in the middle for even cooking.
Don’t think, just press the button! This toaster oven comes with pre-programmed settings to bake, broil, toast, make bagels, pizza, frozen snacks, potatoes, and even a gooey and chocolatey batch of cookies. Try out the settings for recipe perfect meals!
How to Clean Your Toaster Oven
Maybe you have just purchased a brand new toaster oven and are looking for some tips and tricks on how to keep it in tip-top condition for longer. Or perhaps you already have a toaster oven at home that you are somewhat reluctant to use because it is so difficult to clean afterward.
Toaster ovens can be a little pesky and laborious to clean if you don’t use the right method to do so. That it why I have provided the cleaning guide below that will help you keep your toaster oven as clean as a whistle with the least amount of effort involved. Bingo!
Follow these steps carefully in order to get the best results and keep your toaster oven in like-new condition for longer.
- Before attempting to clean the toaster oven, be sure to unplug it and allow it to cool to prevent burning yourself on the hot irons.
- Remove the baking rack and place it to one side.
- Use a warm damp cloth to wipe any crumbs off of the door and interior walls of the toaster oven.
- Use a cotton bud to remove any crumbs or debris that may be jammed in the crevices of the toaster oven.
- Remove the crumb tray, empty the crumbs into the trash and wipe away the remaining crumbs. If they are stubbornly stuck on, soak the tray in a bowl of warm, soapy water for a few minutes and then try again.
- Soak a nonabrasive sponge in a bowl of warm, soapy water with white vinegar and then wring the water out of it. Use the sponge to clean the interior of the toaster oven, moving it in circular motions to get rid of the grease and crumbs that have been left behind.
- Wipe the inside of the glass door with a damp cloth.
- Soak a nonabrasive sponge in warm water and vinegar and then use it to wipe down the outside off the toaster oven.
- Finally, use glass cleaner to clean the outside of the glass door and then use a microfiber tea towel to dry the unit.
And there you have it, a squeaky clean toaster oven. I recommend going through these steps at least once a week, depending on how often you use your toaster oven, in order to keep it in the best condition possible for when you next come to use it. Doing so will also prevent that off-putting burning smell when plugged in as you will have cleaned away the grease and crumbs so they will not continue heating up and burning every time you use the toaster oven.
What is a toaster oven under cabinet mount?
So, as you have seen, a under cabinet toaster oven is a fantastic appliance to have in your kitchen, but if you are still worried about space-saving, some toaster ovens come with a superb feature that will definitely win you over.
If you are out of space in your kitchen or simply don’t want to clutter your kitchen cupboards or work surface any further, then you will need a toaster oven under cabinet mount. What is it you ask? A mountable toaster oven is one that can be mounted just about anywhere in your kitchen. Because they do not need to physically sit on top of anything, a toaster oven can be mounted on any wall.
These toaster ovens are really useful as they can be placed anywhere in the kitchen, giving you the freedom to choose your kitchen design. They won’t take up any space in kitchen cupboards or on your work surface. However, these kinds of toaster ovens are a lot rarer and there are only a few companies that make them Black + Decker being one of them. They are usually a little more expensive than normal toaster ovens, but the price of a new mountable toaster oven definitely will not surpass the cost of a kitchen extension so it’s all win-win in my opinion.
And there you have it, some of the best under cabinet toaster ovens on the market right now and a list of their specifications. Make sure that you choose an oven that meets your needs and more importantly, suits your budget.
Purchasing a wide toaster oven with various bread browning settings and a LED light display, really helps to make things easier in the kitchen. Try choosing an oven with a loud timer so that you don’t have to constantly keep checking the status of your food.
Once you have purchased your brand new under cabinet toaster oven, make sure you follow the cleaning guide mentioned above so that you can keep it in the best condition possible for longer. But most importantly, happy toasting!