Life is pretty rushed nowadays. If you are anything like me then you probably can’t even remember the last time you actually sat down to eat breakfast in the morning on a weekday.
There are always so many things to do before leaving the house like take a shower, iron that shirt before you use it, realize it’s stained, find a new one, iron that, get the kids up and ready for school and try to get them to have some breakfast before shooting out of the door. There was a time when I was skipping breakfast all together, just grabbing a cup of coffee at the nearest drive-through coffee shop on the way to work and getting on with it, but there is nothing worse than that embarrassing tummy rumble in a dead quiet work meeting at 10.30am when your stomach is empty and your day has only just started. That is when I decided to get organized. I told myself that I would get up at least 5 minutes earlier for work to at least prepare something to eat on the way out the door. And I must say, it is going quite well. The secret I think has to do with the kinds of breakfast you prepare. In the past, I would try to do the whole fancy porridge in the morning with a fruit topping or sit down and eat a healthy bowl of cereal followed by a banana, but being realistic, there is just no time for that in my schedule and the perfect solution for me, is toast.
Why is toast such a perfect solution? Well, apart from being ready to eat after a few mere minutes in the toaster, toast can be popped in a tupperware and eaten as you are rushing out the door, speed walking to work or jumping on the train, something that is not quite so easy to do with cereal or porridge for example – trust me I’ve tried it.
The great thing about toast is also just how versatile it is. You can really make toast mornings as quick and easy (such as with butter, peanut butter, marmalade or jam spreads) or as wacky and exciting as you would like them (like avocado, sliced tomato and feta cheese for example). By simply changing the type of bread or spread you use, you can create a whole new breakfast taste.
Looking for a way to spice up your breakfast toast? Try swapping out white bread for wholemeal, multigrain or even a bagel or panini to really shake things up a bit.
Another great thing about toast breakfasts is that they can be prepared in a blink of an eye. But I am sure you will agree that the success of your breakfast toast is largely dependent on the quality of your toaster. If your toaster burns or takes ages to toast your bread, it will make breakfast time really tedious and laborious.
If your toaster is really getting on your last nerve, or maybe you are treating yourself to a swanky new toaster for your brand new pad then this article is just for you as I will go on to discuss the very best toasters on the market. Also, you are in for a treat as we will be discussing not just any old bog standard toasters, but rather the most fantastic transparent glass toasters. I will review 7 of the very best glass toasters on the market so that you can choose the model you prefer.
Not too sure what I mean by a transparent glass toaster? Then please, read on…
7 Glass Toaster Reviews
Dash Clear View Toaster: Extra Wide Slot Toaster with Stainless Steel Accents + See-Through Window
Looking for the very best glass sided toaster on the market? Here is a really great model that comes in four fantastic colors: red, blue, white and black, the perfect colors to match any kitchen. I think you will love it, check out some of the pros:
- Wide slots. The grates on this toaster are wide enough for you to toast artisanal bread, homemade bread, waffles and bagels without you having to force or squish them in.
- Browning master. This toaster comes with seven browning levels so that you can get it to the perfect stage at just the press of a button.
- See-through window. The transparent window allows you to keep an eye on the status of your toast without having to keep popping it up. You will never burn your toast again!
Russell Hobbs 2-Slice Glass Accent Long Toaster, Silver & Stainless Steel, TRL9300GYR
Trying to save space and declutter your work surface? Then this accent long toaster by Russell Hobbs will help you out as it is compact in size and can fit tidily in one small space. Here are some more great features:
- Warming rack. The great thing about this toaster is that it comes with a removable warming rack, perfect for warming croissants, bread rolls and pastries, giving you a wider variety of breakfast options.
- Lift and look. This toaster comes with a handy “Lift and Look” button so that you can have a peep at the status of your toast without having to cancel the cooking process. That way you can pop it back down if a little extra time is needed until it finishes its cycle.
- Modern design. This toaster features silver glass accents, smooth edges and a glass panel, making it look very modern and classy at a great price.
Elite Platinum ECT-153 Maxi-Matic 2-Slice Glass Sided Toaster
Want to get the job done faster? Time is scarce in the morning, but this toaster is on your side. It is long enough for you to fit in two slices of bread side by side. And there’s more:
- Smart with bagels. This toaster has a special feature for cooking bagels that will brown them on the cut side only.
- Easy cleaning. Fed up of the pesky clean up process of a regular toaster? This toaster comes with a slide out crumb tray that can easily be wiped over with a dry cloth and then reinserted.
- Glass viewing window. Keep an eye on your toast from across the room with this transparent viewing window.
Kalorik Glass Toaster
Here is another fantastic toaster with that all-important glass viewing window. Here are some of my favorite features:
- Multi-function. No one likes cold toast, but this toaster won’t make you have to put up with that! It comes with a reheat button that will bring your toast back to life without burning it if it has been left and cooled down. Not only that, but it also comes with a bagel and defrost function, all available at the mere press of a button.
- Easy clean. Gone are the days of turning the toaster upside over the trash can and violently shaking it as this toaster comes with an easy slide out crumb tray. Simply remove it, wipe it and reinsert it. Piece of cake.
iTouchless SHT2GS 2-Slice See-Through Smart Toaster, Silver
This is another fantastic toaster with a great feature for families. It has a cool touch exterior, now you don’t have to worry about brushing past and burning your hand on the side of the toaster while it is in operation, making it a safer option for families with small children. It also has some other great features you should have a look at:
- Automatic shut off. The toaster will automatically turn itself off should it become too hot during operation or should something get jammed in it so that you can safely remove it.
- Modern colors. This toaster by iTouchless comes in two cool colors, red and silver, for you to pick the design that will best match your kitchen.
- See through window. The toaster has a transparent window on each side, so that you can keep an eye on your toast from wherever you are in the room.
DASH DVTS501AQ Toaster 2 Slice Aqua (Renewed)
Looking for the perfect housewarming or wedding present? This toaster will make a great gift as it is compact in size and comes in four cheerful colors: blue, red, white and black, so that you can choose the one they will like the best. Have a look at some of the pros:
- Extra wide slot. The larger slots give you enough space to cook artisanal bread, waffles or even bagels.
- Browning variety. This toaster comes with 7 different browning levels so that you can make your toast exactly how you like it.
Hamilton Beach 22720 Toastation Toaster and Oven
This toaster and oven by Hamilton Beach comes in both a stylish black and a racing red.
- Speedy. In a bit of a hurry in the mornings? No one has time to sit around waiting for toast to pop up, and that is why this toaster has been designed to toast your bread 30% faster than the leading toaster oven, so that you can have breakfast on the table at record speed.
- Easy switch. This toaster turns into a mini oven at just the flick of a switch, so if you would like to make a toastie with cheese on top, you can.
What Makes Glass Toasters so Amazing
Picture the scene, it is Sunday morning, you have woken up with an extra spring in your step and you decide to prepare a hearty breakfast for the family. The bacon is sizzling, the eggs are frying and the last thing to do is pop the bread on to be toasted. You place it in the toaster and start setting the table and before you know it, you begin to smell something smoky, the toaster has burnt the toast, again.
Let’s face it, no one likes burnt toast and no matter how hard you scrape it, it just seems impossible to bring a burnt slice back to life again. Time is of the essence in the mornings, there just isn’t any spare time to sit around waiting for bread to toast, popping it up every two minutes to see if it is brown enough yet; neither is there time to spare faffing around scraping the burnt bits off of the toast from when its been in the toaster way too long. So you may wonder, is there really a solution to this problem? You will be ecstatic to find out that yes, yes there is.
Fancy keeping an eye on your toast from across the room? With a clear glass toaster you can! Glass toasters have a large, transparent viewing window which you can use to check up on the status of your toast, without having to constantly keep popping it up to see if it is brown enough for you to eat. With a glass toaster you can see when your toast is finished with just a quick glance, meaning you will never have to put up with burnt toast again!
And there you have them. 7 of the very best glass toasters on the market today. They have so many different features that can be really handy, so make a list of some of the specifications that you just can’t be without and then choose a model that really fits the bill.