There is nothing more frustrating than going into your kitchen cupboards and picking a carving knife to serve a beautifully roasted chicken, only to find that your carving knife has become so blunt that it wouldn’t even cut butter.
Chefs Choice Knife Sharpener
Are you fed up having a drawer full of blunt kitchen knives? You won’t need to even think about buying new ones thanks to the Chef Choice knife sharpener review that we are going to consider in this article.
Why waste money buying new knives when you could save a ton by purchasing a Chef’s Choice 1520 knife sharpener that will help to keep your knives in like-new condition year in and year out?
Chefs Choice Knife Sharpener 1520 Review
This article will go on to explain more about the Chef’s Choice 1520, the type of knives it can sharpen and how it works. If you are an avid cook and love being able to rely on a variety of different food preparation knives in order to slice and dice up a vast array of different meals, then I am sure you will be able to benefit from this ace knife sharpener.
Check out the list of pros and cons in this article that will explain even more about how this device works!
Investing in a Chef’s Choice knife sharpener is a great way of saving money. Take a look at the following list of specifications that will help you to see what you can expect from this appliance once it has arrived at your door.
- You can use this knife sharpener to sharpen a variety of different knives including knives with straight, double beveled and serrated edges. That’s right, there is not a knife in your drawer that you will not be able to restore back to its original glory with this knife sharpener. You will be able to tackle your chef’s knife, carving knife, and bread knife alike! You can even try it on pocket knives – it will work a treat!
- This sharpener works with 100% diamond abrasives, ensuring to take out nicks and pits from your knife blades and give them back their original razor sharp edge. The Chef’s Choice 1520 will even restore the polished edge to your knife blade, helping them to glean like they did when they were first purchased. Why not display your gleaning knives on a magnetic knife board, in a knife block or in knife sheaths to keep them as sharp as possible for as long as possible.
- As long as you own a knife, then you absolutely do need a knife sharpener. High-quality knives are bought rather sharp, however they do lose the edges eventually and will need routine honing to carry out well.
- Tough roots, animal bones, and even your cutting board are some of the important things that lead to bluntness. The fact is that a dull knife is just as unsafe and it is, for that reason, much better to keep your knife sharpened for ease of use.
- Our premier electrical knife sharpeners will assist you in any way you like. A few of the tools like Work Sharp knife sharpeners are so great that you can likewise use them to sharpen other sort of blades and cutting instruments.
- As a matter of fact, Chef’s Choice offers one of the best electric knife sharpeners you can find for your home usage and likewise for industrial sharpening needs. The brand has a broad line of sharpeners that are diamond abrasive based to sharpen all sort of knives including hunting knives, sporting knives and kitchen area flatware.
- Whatever your honing requirements, you will discover a suitable sharpener under the brand and at a rate that you can manage for that matter. There is something for everybody!
- They are absolutely a pass in terms of:
- Reduce of use
Chefs Choice Knife Sharpener Pros & Cons
Why do we love this knife sharpener by Chef’s Choice? The following list of pros and cons will shed some light on the answer to that question and will also show you a feature on the knife sharpener that we think could be improved on Chef’s Choice’s next model. Check it out!
- This knife sharpener uses a 3 stage AngleSelect system that helps to get highly precise angles onto your knife blades. This system is loved by chefs and homeowners across the nation!
- The Chef’s Choice 1520 sharpener can be used to quickly get your knife blades back to their original condition so that you can return to food preparation with a razor sharp edge without any further delays.
- The appliance comes on four stabilizing feet that will help you to get a secure grip on the knife as it passes through the sharpener, heightening the accuracy of the sharpened blade.
- This knife sharpener has been covered by a 3 year warranty, helping you to purchase with confidence. There is nothing to lose!
- This sharpener measures 12 x 6.5 x 6.5 inches and may seem a little bulky to store as it is not an appliance you will be using frequently.
Benefits of an electric knife sharpener:
I ‘d like to first discuss a number of the things I like about Chef’s Choice electrical sharpeners in general. One thing that’s great about Chef’s Choice is that they use many various models for various functions. Heavy honing, light honing, special edges– they do it all.
Second, I like that each model hones one side of a blade’s edge at a time because it reminds me of using a whetstone. As soon as are inferior– there are many excellent sharpeners that use that approach, not to say that sharpeners that do both sides at.
Nevertheless, it’s nice to be able to control the number of times you sharpen each side, just in case you have a knife that’s somewhat lopsided.
All of the models I’ll discuss below are put together in the USA and come with a two-year service warranty from Chef’s Choice with proper usage and care. It doesn’t get much better than that.
If you have a great knife sharpener you can prevent this and make your cooking pleasurable. It is the most special and flexible knife sharpener of our list.
This Electric Knife Sharpener is constructed to put a razor-sharp edge on all kinds of knives! As this Chef’sChoice 1520 knife sharpener is a flexible tool. It will sharp every kind of knife including American, Asian or european style family knives, great edge or serrated blades, Santoku, and traditional Japanese style single-bevel edges as well as sports knives and pocket knives.
No, this is because mostly the re-sharpening happens during the polishing stage, which only removes a very tiny amount of metal that is microscopic.
Yes, a good knife sharpener such as the chef’s choice, as mentioned above, will help you to polish and re-sharpen the dull/blunt knives without shaving off the metal.
Chef’s Choice makes some pretty impressive knife sharpeners one of which is their 1520 knife sharpener.
Kitchen appliances are pretty much always expensive, and as for buying a new set of kitchen knives, well, you might as well take out a loan in order to pay them off. Okay, I guess that is not entirely true, it is possible to find cheap knife sets, but you will really pay for it in the lack of quality that goes into their makeup. Cheap knife sets often blunt easily, pit and bend and are honestly more effort than they are worth.
Purchasing your kitchen knives individually is where the real expense comes, as individual knives are great and specifically designed and carefully constructed.
So what can be done to cut down on the price of basic kitchen utensils? Purchase a knife sharpener! With a knife sharpener, you will not need to worry about replacing old or blunted knives, as you will be able to restore the blades to their original sharpness at your leisure.
And if you have purchased a bargain knife set, you may even be able to get your blades sharper than when they came from the manufacturer by using a knife sharpener.
The Chef’s Choice 1520 – a great investment for the future of your kitchen!
Leave a Reply