Cooking sprays have been around for a very long time, but recently several are realizing the threats with using them.
Standard oil sprayers utilize aerosol and propellants which are toxic to our bodies and also the environment.
The best oil misters are a much healthier choice and include great deals of benefits.
We have actually assembled the most effective olive oil sprayers, which are non-toxic, make food preparation less complicated and are far more affordable and environmentally-friendly!
Why Use An Oil Mister?
If you find yourself coating pans with oil often and are typically stuck in a spot of overusing oil to coat a pan an oil mister could be exactly what you are looking for.
Instead of purchasing products like PAM that are costly and create unnecessary waste (tossing out the can when done) an oil mister, basically an oil spray bottle, does a job with no additives!
This reusable kitchen tool will quickly become one of your most-used kitchen tools. In our review article, we will attempt to show you the best oil sprayer for your kitchen.
6 Best Oil Misters For The Money 2020 Comparison Chart
Top 6 Oil Misters For The Money 2020 Reviewed
The Fine Life
Up first for review is the Fine Life oil mister. This mister features a large clear interior so that you can even add fun additives to add some flavor to the oil you are using.
This makes this mister versatile and may make you want to pick up a few of them to add some variety to your kitchen.
- If you use this mister often you may need to crack open the seal a bit to let air in manually to replace the volume of oil that has been sprayed. Other than this minor inconvenience this is a fine mister.
- This unit is an all-plastic mister so if you happen to be a bit clumsy this may be a great mister for your kitchen since you do not need to worry about it breaking.
Chefvantage Oil Mister
Up next is the Chefvantage oil mister, this unit features a clear glass bottom and a plastic/stainless top.
- The glass bottom is a nice premium touch of luxury vs an all plastic unit however in terms of functionality it doesn’t make a huge difference.
- One note about a glass bottom to consider is for something you pick up and use often you should pay extra attention not to drop or set it down too hard since you could cause it to shatter.
- Since the bottom of this mister features clear glass this is another great mister that you can add herbs to and know at a glance what is in it.
This was one of our favorite reviewed oil misters because of all the options available in this style. This mister has the options for you to go with a stainless model, a glass model or a plastic model.
- This allows you to determine which materials you think are safest in your kitchen but also which fits the aesthetic of your kitchen.
- The spray module on this bottle feels and handles more like a standard bottle so it is a bit easier to use repeatedly ( internally we call this unit the olive oil spray bottle ), this may come in handy on large baking sheets.
Misto Oil Mister
If you are looking for the economical option this may be the unit for you. This stainless steel oil mister comes in at a budget price and works great.
- This unit features a stainless steel bottle so you can’t see your additives however, it does have a filter so you can feel free to toss any herbs in there and know your sprayer will be safe.
- This budget mister can certainly do the job as well as some of the pricier options
- This budget friendly option could be a great addition to your kitchen that if maintained could last. If shopping on a tight budget this could be the best oil mister at this price point.
Next up is the Skenda oil mister that comes in a handsome set, one for oil and one for vinegar.
- The fact that this package includes one of each could be perfect if you find yourself making delicious salads at home often.
- This two-pack allows you to not only use this olive oil mister to coat your pans but also sets you up to top your salads and/or subs!
- These units feature a nice glass bottom so you can see any additives however there are no filters on these so you will need to be careful when adding herbs.
- These sprayers are clearly labeled and would make an awesome addition to your kitchen OR dining room table.
Cole & Mason Oil Mister
Our last reviewed oil spritzer is the Cole & Mason unit. This unit is one of the more aesthetically pleasing olive oil sprayers that we reviewed.
- This mister features a plastic bottom and a stainless steel top with a visually appealing black plastic ring that ties it all together.
- As with many of the reviewed sprayers this unit features a filter to keep additives out of the spray module.
- This unit has an auto return feature that catches any oil from the base of the nozzle and feeds it back into the bottle so you are dealing with less of a mess.
- From the way this unit looks and some of its unique features, you can’t go wrong with this oil mister.
So, What Are The Best Oil Misters?
From budget units to glass ones with filters to the most aesthetically pleasing oil misters we have reviewed quite a few. From here it is time to decide which one best fits your kitchen needs and matches your style.
If you have small children that like to utilize the kitchen often as we do here at Kitchn Dad we would suggest plastic or stainless one just to be on the safe side. Our last piece of advice with your oil mister would be on maintenance. You certainly can’t go wrong with any of these misters however even the most pricey unit must be cared for.
In addition to cleaning not all of these misters noted the fill line but we have found that all of these misters worked best when only filled about halfway. This allows the sprayer to spray an even and efficient mist rather than spray in streams. Good luck! Let us know in the comments which mister you chose.