There is nothing like the taste of barbecued meat on a Sunday afternoon. But making the best-barbecued lunch or dinner doesn’t have to cost an arm and a leg. Are you looking for the best gas grills under 500 dollars? Then you have come to the right place.
Nothing says “blissful weekend” better than having your flip flops and sunglasses on, an ice-cold beer on the table in front of you, being sat in a reclining garden chair with a plate of all of your favorite barbecued meat piled high with a couple of salady greens on the side (just to please the Mrs).
But as I am sure you well know, that steaming hot pile of sticky marinated barbecued meat doesn’t just appear on a plate as if by magic (although that is what your children seem to think), a lot of hard work and careful planning goes into putting it all together. I am sure the last thing you want to do on your one rest day before going back to the office is add to your workload when grilling and that is why you need a great gas grill.
Having a reliable gas grill beside you when barbecuing your favorite summertime meat will help put the fun back into cooking outdoors. Not only that, but some of the latest gas grill models come with lots of fancy features that make cleaning the grill a whole lot easier – that’s right you can put the bucket of water and the scrubbing sponge down!
If your current gas grill is on its last legs then you will need a shiny new one with all of the features that make grilling in the garden a fun and relaxing pastime that just so happens to yield fantastically tasty results. But where can you find a shiny new gas grill that won’t eat into the majority of next months’ paycheck? In this very article!
6 Best Gas Grill Reviews For 2020
- Weber 45010001
- Char-Broil 463377319
- Char-Broil Classic 280
- Fuego F24C Professional
- Char-Griller E3001
- Dyna-Glo DGP397CNN-D
Now that you are up to date with all of the latest information about gas grills and what to look for when purchasing one, you ready to shop! Take a look at the following list of 6 of the very best gas grills under 500 dollars. These gas grills have been hand selected because of the fantastic specifications and bonus features that they come with. Check them out below:
Weber 45010001 Spirit II E-310 3-Burner Liquid Propane Grill
Are you looking for the best value grill? Then look no more as we have the perfect solution for you. Have a look at this Weber 45010001 Spirit II Grill.
This grill has been build with the GS4 grilling system which makes it super easy to use and provides you with the perfect bbq every time.
- This is the best value gas grill as it cooks with 3 powerful burners, helping you to cook various foods at different temperatures.
- It also has a built in grease management system to help make cleaning up easier.
- The horizontal burner tubes provides a constant flow of gas and ensures that food is cooked evenly every time.
- You get a great value for money for this grill
- Easy to use
- Comes with tww wheels which makes it easy to move around
- Easy to cleanup
- Food might sometime stick to the grill surface but this can be controlled by oiling the grid before use.
Next on the list, we bring you the Char-Broil grill. This heavy-duty machine is ideal for any backyard and perfect for bbq and family get together.
This is a very heavy-duty grill and if you are someone who likes to host bbq often then this is ideal for you.
- This heavy duty gas grill by Char-Broil comes with 4 burners and 425 square inches of cooking space helping you to cook larger quantities of food at record speed.
- It has an electronic ignition system that helps you to start up quickly and reliably every time.
- The grill comes with two side shelves – the perfect space for preparing food and storing it before serving.
- Good temperature control
- Easy to grill and bbq food without it sticking to the surface
- Assembling it and putting it together can be a bit of a hassle.
Char-Broil Classic 280 2-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill with Side Burner
Are you looking for the best cheap gas grill? Then look no further as Char-Broil have the best budget gas grill right before you:
If you have a big family and you are looking for a spacious grill then this is the perfect one for you. It’s 280 sq inch surface is ideal for cooking for parties and family gatherings.
- This is the best cheap grill because it comes with a whopping 280 square inches of cooking space at a record price.
- It features two stainless steel burners for super speedy cooking.
- The unit is on two wheels making it easy to transport across the backyard at your convenience.
- Very spacious
- Easy to move around as per convenience
- Food doesn’t stick to the grill
- Assembling the machine can be a bit of a painful and time consuming process but once it’s all set this is pretty amazing to use.
Fuego F24C Professional Propane Gas Grill
If it’s got Fuego in the name you know it’s going to be hot and this grill definitely is:
Let’s have a look at the Fuego F24C gas grill. This is a compact but yet very spacious grill. The best part about it is that this won’t take much space up.
- This grill may look small but it has a grilling capacity of 525 square inches of grilling space.
- This burner is easy to assemble – it only has 20 fasteners so that you can get grilling straight away.
- It only takes 5 minutes to preheat meaning you can get dinner on the table, pronto.
- Great cooking capacity
- Very good temperature control
- Fairly easy to assemble the whole machine
- Cleanup can be a bit of a tough job
Char-Griller E3001 Grillin’ Pro 40,800-BTU Gas Grill
Here is one of the best affordable grills on the market right now.
If you are looking for a great grill but on a budget then this one is the one for you.
- The grill comes on two wheels, making transporting it across the backyard an easy job.
- This grill comes in a classic matte black finish with two vents that really make it stand out.
- This grill comes with two side shelves the perfect area for preparing food and for storing it until serving
- Very convenient to use and has wheels which makes it easy to move
- It is a bit of a hassle to put together and need to follow the manual strickly
Dyna-Glo DGP397CNN-D Premier 3 Burner Natural Gas Grill
Here is another great grill by Dyna-Glo.
This Dyna Glo Grill is a powerful 3 burner machine that makes excellent bbq every time.
- It comes with 3 powerful burners to help you cook for larger parties at high speed.
- It has folding side shelves – the perfect solution to all of your storage needs. They are great for storing food for preparation.
- It is sturdy and solid on four wheels but can still be transported easily across your decking.
- Comes with side shelves
- Cleanup is a breeze
- Has a large cooking surface
- Food has to be monitored while cooking to avoid burning.
What’s coming up…
During the course of this article I will go on to explain the very best features and specifications you can have on a gas grill so that you can know what things to look out for when you go to purchase.
Sometimes gas grills can be a little bit complicated and if you are looking to purchase a new grill then you will want to make sure that you are using it correctly. During this article I will also go on to discuss vents and burner positions so that you can get savvy on the technical side of gas grills and answer those burning questions that the gas grill manual was far to wordy with when answering.
Last but of course not least, I will go on to share with you my best gas grill review from 2020. This review will go on to list 6 gas grills that are storming the nation. Check them out to find out why! This list will also give you an idea of some of the most popular gas grill manufacturers out there and their specs, helping you to purchase your next gas grill with confidence.
Are you buzzing to find out everything you need to know about gas grills? Then please, read on…
What To Look For
If you are looking for the best propane grills under 500 dollars then you have come to the right place. You may be surprised at just how many great models there are on the market at a fantastic price.
But just because it may look like you are getting a great deal, it doesn’t always mean you are. Take a look at some of the following information that will help you to identify the specifications that are most important for you to have in your propane grill.
Get the right size grill
The best grills offer two burners or more, giving you more flexibility when cooking, allowing you to cook some food on a lower heat and others on higher heat. Having more than one burner on your gas grill will also help you to cook more food faster and be able to cook it just the way you like it.
Grills are often measured in square inches and this can be a bit difficult to imagine unless you live with a tape measure in your pocket. That is why I like to think about my propane grill measurements in the number of burgers the grill can cook at once as it is easier to picture.
A gas grill that can cook 24 burgers at once will give you ample space to cook a few patties for the family while grilling some chicken thighs or some sausage links without having to wait around for free space on the grill.
Get it hot enough.
The best selling grills also have a wide scale temperature gauge. Having a wide variety of temperatures to choose from will help you to grill your meat to the exact point you like it.
This is especially handy when it comes to cooking steak as just a few extra seconds on the grill or a slight variation in temperature can make the difference between your steak being medium rare and well done.
Cook it directly and indirectly.
Another feature that I think is really essential on a gas grill is a direct and indirect cooking grate. A cooking grate can be removed to cook some of your sides and complementary foods indirectly so that they don’t heat up too quickly and burn.
Some foods that you could try cooking indirectly would be: burger buns, grilled vegetables and hot dogs or sausages. That way your food can have that original smokey barbecue flavor without burning to smithereens on your gas grill.
Measure your temperature.
A wireless temperature gauge is also a nice feature to have on a grill but it is not essential. A wireless temperature gauge will help you to keep an eye on the temperature of all your grilled goodies without physically having to keep standing over them and probing them with a hand-held temperature gauge.
This can be a really handy feature for a relaxing Sunday afternoon, fancy keeping an eye on your grill from the comfort of your lawn chain?!
Vents and Burner Positioning Explained
It doesn’t matter whether you are the proud owner of one of the worlds’ priciest heavy duty gas grills or whether you have managed to get your hands on one of the best inexpensive gas grills on the market, as whatever gas grill you purchase will have vents and burners that you need to know how to operate in order for the grill to work properly and to prevent you from coming into an accident.
If you are anything like me, you are not much of a manual reader, and in fact if anything, a manual leaves you feeling more confused and in doubt (about life in general, not just your new appliance) and makes you want to throw in the towel. But don’t give up just yet! Take a look at the following super straightforward guide that will explain vents and burner positions as simply as one, two, three.
Having good results when grilling is highly dependent on how well your grill holds on to heat. If your grill struggles to maintain a constant temperature then you will find that your meat will be drier and less flavorsome when cooking. Why? Because meat needs good heat retention in order for it to remain juicy and for your spices and flavorings to sink into it.
The size of your vent will contribute to the internal temperature regulation of your grill. If your gas grill has a vent that is proportionally too large for the size of the grill then it will lose heat faster and will not retain its internal temperature well. This leads to unevenly cooked food and extra money being spent on fueling your grill.
The position of your burners also makes a difference to how your food is cooked. Horizontally positioned burners are to be avoided as they are placed on one end of the burner, heat that end up and then the heat flies out of the vent before it has the chance to properly cook all of your food.
Vertically positioned burners on the other hand lay flat across the grill, evenly heating the whole unit and distributing that heat across your meat.
A gas burner heats up the air and the hot air then heats the food up while in infrared burners food is heated directly.
So there you have it, your very own list of the best gas grills under $500 on the market right now. When searching for the best inexpensive gas grill, be sure to pick a grill that suits you in size, number of burners and how many patties it can cook at once. Make sure the grill you pick also has a wide temperature scale and will provide you with the option to cook both directly and indirectly.
If you decide to purchase one of the grills mentioned in the list of 6 above, I am sure you will not be disappointed with the results as they are all fantastic gas grills at great low prices. So get a hold of one of these today and then get set…grill!
Leave a Reply