Are you looking for an interesting and unique way to liven up the decor in your kitchen? Then you should definitely consider purchasing a fun dinnerware set. Just how fun are we talking? There are so many creative and customizable dinnerware sets on the internet – there really is something for everyone.
Are you looking for a way to show off your fun dinnerware but aren’t sure how to do so whilst keeping it classy? A display cabinet is one of the easiest ways to do so. Instead of filling a dinnerware display cabinet with bog-standard mugs and dishes, why not try displaying your collection of creative dinnerware on it instead? Do you like decorating your house with a theme? The most popular and quirky dinnerware sets come in different colors so that you can match your mugs and plates with the color scheme in your kitchen.
Another great way of showing off your dinnerware set is by using wall brackets and hooks. Specially designed wall brackets for plates are available for purchase at most home decor stores that will allow you to slot and hang a medium-sized plate securely on a wall. You can place the plates on the wall in a certain shape or around the arch of a door or make a feature wall displaying matching plate designs.
Novelty dinnerware often comes in at a much higher price than standard dinnerware sets because of the creativity and time and effort that goes into making the sets, so it is important to purchase a set that not only looks good but is also made of high-quality materials to ensure that your set will last the test of time.
This article has been designed with you in mind as I will go in detail about the steps you need to take to keep your novelty dinnerware set in the best condition possible. I will go on to discuss the best way for you to clean your dishes with some do’s and don’ts on how to look after them.
Are you looking for a brand new funky dinnerware set but aren’t sure which one to go for? Then you will love the second half of this article as I will go on to list my top 9 favorite unique dishware sets that you will adore. Not only are these mugs quirky and innovative, but they are also made of top quality, robust and resistant materials that will make sure your creative dinnerware set will last through the ages.
Top Unique Dinnerware Sets
Are you a movie saga fan? Or perhaps you are looking for a dinnerware set that will help to spread Christmas cheer across the table this holiday season. Or maybe you are simply looking for a dinnerware set that will help you to adorn your table every day and make it look special.
Whatever the case, the following are 9 of the top unique dinnerware sets on the market right now. Not only are they great to look at, but they are also well made of the very best materials that make for hard-wearing dinnerware. Check them out!
Harry Potter Marauder’s Map Porcelain 4 Piece Place Setting – Harry Potter Dinnerware
Are you a Harry Potter fan and are looking for a funny dinnerware set? Or maybe you know a real Potterhead and are looking for a unique gift to give them. Either way, you will love this Harry Potter Marauder’s Map 4 piece place setting. Have a look at what the set has to offer:
- This 4 piece set contains 1 dinner plate, 1 salad plate, 1 bowl, and 1 mug.
- The set includes a golden design of the Marauder’s Map that is featured in the Harry Potter books and movies.
- This set is not microwave proof nor can it be placed in the dishwasher. Wash it by hand in order to keep it in the best condition for longer.
- The set is made of porcelain, making it easier to clean and more resistant to chips and cracks.
Harry Potter Gryffindor Porcelain 16 piece Dinnerware Set for 4
If you are a number one Harry Potter fan then you will not want to be without this set of Harry Potter dishes, bowls and mugs for 4.
- The set is perfect for the whole family or you and your closest friends to use as it comes with 4 dinner plates, 4 salad plates, 4 mugs, and 4 bowls.
- The plates, mugs, and bowls all display the Gryffindor house mascot and colors.
- Are you a fan of Harry Potter but would prefer a different house? Not to worry, as this set also comes in Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff and Slytherin house designs, giving you the ability to choose your favorite house.
- What if you are buying the set to enjoy with friends that are all fans of different houses or you are thinking of throwing a Harry Potter themed party? Then you could also purchase the Hogwarts set that comes with a mixture of dinnerware from all of the houses in the saga.
Melange 12-Piece 100% Melamine Dinnerware Set (Santa Comes Home Collection )
If you are looking for some unique dishware to jazz up your dinner table at Christmas then you will love this Santa Comes Home dinnerware collection.
- This 12 piece set comes with 4 dinner plates, 4 salad plates, and 4 bowls, making it the perfect set for a family over the winter holidays.
- These plates are very heavy duty as they are made of 100% Melamine – a strong material that makes the set more resistant against chips and cracks, keeping your Christmas dinnerware collection in good nick year in and year out.
- The robust Melamine material that these plates are made from makes them dishwasher safe, helping to ease your workload when the Christmas frenzy sets in.
Rustic Melamine Dinnerware Set – 12 Pcs
If you have a more traditional, country style kitchen then you will love this 12 piece, green dinnerware set.
- The set includes 4 dinner plates, 4 dessert plates, and 4 bowls, making it a great start-up gift for newlyweds.
- The set is made of 100% Melamine, a tough material that makes the set more resistant against chips, cracks, and other wear and tear. Not only that, but the Melamine is so strong that it approves this set for dishwashing, helping you to take the load off of your feet at the end of a long day.
- The vibrant green color makes this the perfect set to hang on wall brackets in the kitchen or dining room or to place inside a dinnerware display cabinet.
Pfaltzgraff Trellis White 16-Piece Stoneware Dinnerware Set
Fun dinner plates make great presents for newlyweds and displaying such sets is a great and inexpensive way to help liven up the kitchen or dining room decor.
- This Pfaltzgraff 16 piece set comes with 4 dinner plates, 4 dessert plates, 4 mugs, and 4 bowls.
- This set is the perfect match for more traditional or rustic style kitchens thanks to the slightly weathered and aged scroll pattern on all of the plates, bowls, and mugs. The white color helps them to look crisp and clean.
- The set is made from high quality stoneware, making it more resistant to splitting and chipping.
Gourmet Basics Song Bird Dinnerware Set (16 Piece)
Here is a beautiful song bird dinnerware set by Gourmet basics.
- The great thing about this set is that it comes in a variety of options. The 16 piece set comes with 4 mugs, 4 dinner plates, 4 dessert plates, and 4 bowls. But that is not all, perhaps you have a slightly larger family and would like some extra dinnerware for special occasions or for everyday use, this set also comes in a 32 piece selection (which includes 8 of each of the dinnerware mentioned above), and a 48 piece selection (which includes 12 of each of the dinnerware mentioned above), so that you can pick the set that will best suit the size of your family.
- The set includes a bird perched on a twig in bloom, the perfect design that will lay on your table sparkling as if it were a piece of freshly buffed jewelry, thanks to the handcrafted natural glaze.
Paula Deen Dinnerware Garden Rooster 16-Piece Stoneware Dinnerware Set
Are you looking for the perfect country backyard set that will perfectly match and represent your garden in bloom? Then you will love this 16 piece stoneware set by Paula Deen.
- The 16 piece set for 4 comes with 4 dinner plates, 4 dessert plates, 4 bowls and 4 mugs, all sporting various designs such as a rooster, a chicken or a bunch of flowers in bloom.
- The designs on this dinnerware have a delicate hand-painted style that will make your dinnerware set resemble ornaments when presented on your dining room table.
- The best thing about this set, apart from the gorgeous designs is the fact that it can be placed in the freezer, dishwasher and microwave, making them a lot easier to use and super speedy for cleaning up.
Lenox Butterfly Meadow 18-Piece Dinnerware Set
This Lenox butterfly meadow 18 piece dinnerware set is ideal for larger families.
- This peaceful meadow set seats 6 and comes with 6 each of the following: dinner plates, dessert plates, mugs – all in a fantastic scalloped shape made from porcelain
- Porcelain is a great material as it is tough and helps to guard against cracks and splits to your dinnerware.
- My favorite thing about this meadow set is that it is oven, dishwasher, microwave and freezer safe – there is simply no end to what it can do. And you can take it from temperature to temperature, all without fear of the porcelain splitting or breaking.
Elama 16 Piece Traditional Rose Dinnerware Set
Last, but definitely not least you have this traditional rose dinnerware set by Elama. This 16 piece set is perfect for 4.
- The set includes 4 perfectly crafted bowls, 4 mugs, 4 dinner plates, and 4 dessert plates, all featuring the intricate blue rose pattern. The detailed pattern will make your dinnerware set shine like pieces of finely crafted jewelry when laying on a dining room table above a tablecloth or when displayed neatly in a kitchen/ dining room display cabinet.
- Are you looking to speed things up a little in the kitchen? Then you will love this set as it is both dishwasher and microwave safe for your convenience and ease.
- This set is made of high-quality stone and will be perfect to adorn both modern and more traditional style kitchens and is great for use on special occasions.
- The beautiful and intricate design also makes this dinnerware set the ideal present for her, or for newlyweds.
Best Way to Clean Your Dishes
Unique dish sets are pricier than your regular dish set so it is important to look after them. Also, most unique dishware sets come in set numbers of matching mugs and dishes that look perfect and in unison when laying on the dining room table, so the last thing you will want is to have one plate or mug broken or missing from the set that will unbalance the theme of the table.
Perhaps you already have a quirky dinnerware set at home but are reluctant to use it because you just can’t seem to get them clean. Or maybe you are looking to buying your first unique dish set but would like some more information about the cleaning of them before committing to a purchase. Whatever the case, it is always a good idea to check the cleaning instructions with the manufacturer’s guide that your dinnerware set comes with. Just in case you don’t have that, or if you are looking for some bonus tips and pointers, the following dish cleaning guide will really help you out. Pay close attention to each of the tips and tricks in order to get the very best results.
The best way to clean your dishes:
- Leave your dishware to soak in warm, soapy water immediately after use. Warm water helps to remove grease and food particles and soaking your dinnerware immediately helps to prevent food from drying on and becoming more difficult to remove, it also helps to prevent staining.
For tough stains:
- Mix together a couple of teaspoons of baking soda and a dash of white vinegar to form a sticky paste. Use this paste on a non-abrasive sponge and rub in circular motions over dinnerware to remove stains.
- Leave washed dishes in direct sunlight for a few hours as the sunlight acts as a natural bleach and can lift stains off of plastics and other materials.
For even tougher stains:
- Fill the sink with hot water and add 1 tbsp of baking soda and 1 tbsp of white vinegar (or 1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice) per cup of water. Submerge the stained dinnerware in the solution and leave it to soak for 1 to 2 hours and then repeat the above-mentioned steps as necessary.
Things to avoid when washing your dishes:
- Don’t leave your dishes unattended for too long after using them. Food debris, marks, and stains only get tougher to remove with time so it is important to get working on the stains straight away, especially coffee and tea mugs.
- Avoid washing your dinnerware with abrasive scouring pads and rough sponges as they scratch plates over time and remove their initial shine.
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions as most quirky dinnerware sets are not dishwasher safe and must be washed by hand.
- Don’t use a dishwasher to wash glasses as these often become foggy and lose their initial shine quickly when exposed to the harsh temperatures inside a dishwasher.
- Be careful when using bleach on glazed tableware as the harsh product has been known to tear the glazing off of plates, bowls, and mugs.
So there you have them, 9 whimsical dinnerware sets that will both liven up your kitchen and your dinnertime – it is simply up to you to decide which design will suit you the best.
If you are a movie saga fan or are looking for dinnerware set for a friend or family member that is, then they will love the Harry Potter dinnerware set mentioned above.
Are you looking for something pretty to add a unique dash of style to both modern or traditional style kitchens? tHen you will love the floral and rose style dinnerware sets by Elama and Lenox.
Searching by material is also a great idea. If you are looking for something robust and hard-wearing that will stick with you through the ages, then you will love the Melamine dinnerware sets mentioned earlier – the green, Rustic collection and the Christmas themed Melamine collection that is more resistant against chipping, breaking and splitting.
So choose the style you would like and then pick a dinnerware set. If you love a little variety in your kitchen and always find yourself looking for ways to shake things up a little bit, then why not purchase two of the above mentioned sets, so that you can mix and match what you display as and when you want to.